Exploring cultural misfit: Causes and consequences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Au, Kevin Y., 2000. "Intra-cultural variation as another construct of international management: a study based on secondary data of 42 countries," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 217-238.
- De Clercq, Dirk & Danis, Wade M. & Dakhli, Mourad, 2010. "The moderating effect of institutional context on the relationship between associational activity and new business activity in emerging economies," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 85-101, February.
- J Stewart Black & Lyman W Porter, 1991. "Managerial Behaviors and Job Performance: A Successful Manager in Los Angeles May Not Succeed in Hong Kong," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 99-113, March.
- Chapman, Malcolm & Gajewska-De Mattos, Hanna & Clegg, Jeremy & Jennings Buckley, Peter, 2008. "Close neighbours and distant friends--perceptions of cultural distance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 217-234, June.
- Ivan M Manev & William B Stevenson, 2001. "Nationality, Cultural Distance, and Expatriate Status: Effects on the Managerial Network in a Multinational Enterprise," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(2), pages 285-303, June.
- Kevin Y Au, 1999. "Intra-cultural Variation: Evidence and Implications for International Business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(4), pages 799-812, December.
- Saini, Debi S. & Budhwar, Pawan S., 2008. "Managing the human resource in Indian SMEs: The role of indigenous realities," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 417-434, October.
- Magnusson, Peter & Baack, Daniel W. & Zdravkovic, Srdan & Staub, Karin M. & Amine, Lyn S., 2008. "Meta-analysis of cultural differences: Another slice at the apple," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 520-532, October.
- Delerue, Hélène & Simon, Eric, 2009. "National cultural values and the perceived relational risks in biotechnology alliance relationships," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 14-25, February.
- Cheng, Louis T.W. & Chan, Ricky Y.K. & Leung, T.Y., 2010. "Management demography and corporate performance: Evidence from China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 261-275, June.
- Harris, Simon & Carr, Chris, 2008. "National cultural values and the purpose of businesses," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 103-117, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antoaneta Daneshka, 2016. "Culture and International Business," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 88-111.
- Selmer, Jan & Lauring, Jakob, 2013. "Dispositional affectivity and work outcomes of expatriates," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 568-577.
- Robertson, Christopher J. & Diyab, Abdulhamid A. & Al-Kahtani, Ali, 2013. "A cross-national analysis of perceptions of corporate governance principles," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 315-325.
More about this item
KeywordsCulture Effectiveness Horizontality-verticality Individual networks Individualism-collectivism Idiocentrism-allocentrism Legitimacy Structural holes Strong ties;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:20:y:2011:i:1:p:15-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.