A perspective on the state of the field: International business publications in the elite journals as a measure of institutional and faculty productivity
This study ranks academic institutions and scholars in international business based on publications in International Business Review, International Marketing Review, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of International Management, Journal of International Marketing, Management International Review, Journal of World Business, and 22 elite mainstream academic journals between 1996 and 2008. In contrast to earlier rankings that did not include international business scholarship from a wide range of elite mainstream publications across business disciplines, our analysis of international business research uses a comprehensive scoring procedure which demonstrates that IB research consistently emanates from many of the traditionally highest ranking universities throughout the world. Of the top 10 ranked universities, six are from North America, two are from Europe, and two are from Asia.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 19 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/133/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chan, Kam C. & Fung, Hung-Gay & Leung, Wai K., 2006. "International business research: Trends and school rankings," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 317-338, August.
- Kenneth A. Borokhovich & Robert J. Bricker & Betty J. Simkins, 2000. "An Analysis of Finance Journal Impact Factors," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1457-1469, 06.
- Andrew C Inkpen, 2001. "A Note on Ranking the International Business Journals," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(1), pages 193-196, March.
- Lee C Nehrt, 1987. "The Ranking of Masters Programs In International Business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(3), pages 91-99, September.
- Davis, Paul & Papanek, Gustav F, 1984. "Faculty Ratings of Major Economics Departments by Citations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(1), pages 225-30, March.
- Acedo, Francisco José & Casillas, José Carlos, 2005. "Current paradigms in the international management field: An author co-citation analysis," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 619-639, October.
- Scott, Loren C & Mitias, Peter M, 1996. "Trends in Rankings of Economics Departments in the U.S.: An Update," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 378-400, April.
- P R Chandy & Thomas G E Williams, 1994. "The Impact of Journals and Authors on International Business Research: A Citational Analysis of JIBS Articles," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(4), pages 715-728, December.
- Chandra, Ramdas & Newburry, William, 1997. "A cognitive map of the international business field," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 387-410, August.
- Allen J Morrison & Andrew C Inkpen, 1991. "An Analysis of Significant Contributions to the International Business Literature," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(1), pages 143-153, March.
- Andrew C Inkpen & Paul W Beamish, 1994. "An Analysis of Twenty-Five Years of Research in the Journal of International Business Studies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 25(4), pages 703-713, December.
- Bonner, Sarah E. & Hesford, James W. & Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark, 2006. "The most influential journals in academic accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 663-685, October.
- Buckley, Peter J. & Chapman, Malcolm, 1996. "Theory and method in international business research," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 233-245, June.
- Frank L DuBois & David Reeb, 2000. "Ranking the International Business Journals," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(4), pages 689-704, December.
- Donald A Ball & Wendell H McCulloch, 1984. "International Business Education Programs in American Schools: How They are ranked by Members of the Academy of International Business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 15(1), pages 175-180, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iburev:v:19:y:2010:i:4:p:378-387. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.