The effectiveness of competing regulatory regimes and the switching effects: Evidence from an emerging market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J & Seguin, Paul J, 1994. " Volume, Volatility, and New York Stock Exchange Trading Halts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 183-214, March.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Greenwald, Bruce C & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991.
"Transactional Risk, Market Crashes, and the Role of Circuit Breakers,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(4), pages 443-462, October.
- Greenwald, Bruce C. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1991. "Transactional Risk, Market Crashes, and the Role of Circuit Breakers," Scholarly Articles 3710666, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Tauchen, George E & Pitts, Mark, 1983. "The Price Variability-Volume Relationship on Speculative Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 485-505, March.
- Epps, Thomas W & Epps, Mary Lee, 1976. "The Stochastic Dependence of Security Price Changes and Transaction Volumes: Implications for the Mixture-of-Distributions Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 305-321, March.
- Kate Phylaktis & Manolis Kavussanos & Gikas Manalis, 1999. "Price Limits and Stock Market Volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 5(1), pages 69-84.
- Recep Bildik & Güzhan Gülay, 2006. "Are Price Limits Effective? Evidence From The Istanbul Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(3), pages 383-403.
- Kim, Kenneth & Rhee, S Ghon, 1997. " Price Limit Performance: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 885-899, June.
- Greenwald, Bruce C & Stein, Jeremy, 1988. "The Task Force Report: The Reasoning behind the Recommendations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 3-23, Summer.
- Shane A. Corwin & Marc L. Lipson, 2000. "Order Flow and Liquidity around NYSE Trading Halts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(4), pages 1771-1805, August.
- George, Thomas J. & Hwang, Chuan-Yang, 1995. "Transitory Price Changes and Price-Limit Rules: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(02), pages 313-327, June.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1994. " Circuit Breakers and Market Volatility: A Theoretical Perspective," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 237-254, March.
- Hisham Farag & Robert Cressy, 2012. "Stock market regulation and news dissemination: evidence from an emerging market," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3-4), pages 351-368, April.
- Ma, C.K. & Rao, R.P. & Sears, R.S., 1989. "Volatility, Price Resolution, And The Effectiveness Of Price Limits," Papers t7, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Chen, Gong-Meng & Kim, Kenneth A. & Rui, Oliver M., 2005. "A note on price limit performance: The case of illiquid stocks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 81-92, January.
- Lauterbach, Beni & Ben-Zion, Uri, 1993. " Stock Market Crashes and the Performance of Circuit Breakers: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1909-1925, December.
- Gong-meng Chen & Oliver Rui & Steven Wang, 2005. "The Effectiveness of Price Limits and Stock Characteristics: Evidence from the Shanghai and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 159-182, September.
- Clark, Peter K, 1973. "A Subordinated Stochastic Process Model with Finite Variance for Speculative Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 135-155, January.
- Lehmann, B.N., 1989. "Commentary: Volatility, Price Resolution, And The Effectiveness Of Price Limits," Papers t9, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Chan, Soon Huat & Kim, Kenneth A. & Rhee, S. Ghon, 2005. "Price limit performance: evidence from transactions data and the limit order book," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 269-290, March.
- Copeland, Thomas E, 1976. "A Model of Asset Trading under the Assumption of Sequential Information Arrival," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1149-1168, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clapham, Benjamin & Gomber, Peter & Haferkorn, Martin & Panz, Sven, 2017. "Managing excess volatility: Design and effectiveness of circuit breakers," SAFE Working Paper Series 195, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
More about this item
KeywordsPrice limits; Circuit breakers; Volatility and trading behaviour;
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:25:y:2014:i:2:p:136-147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.