Price Limits and Stock Market Volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clapham, Benjamin & Gomber, Peter & Haferkorn, Martin & Panz, Sven, 2017. "Managing excess volatility: Design and effectiveness of circuit breakers," SAFE Working Paper Series 195, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:490:y:2018:i:c:p:953-966 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ni, Yensen & Huang, Paoyu, 2015. "Do IPOs matter for price limits? Evidence from Taiwan," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 74-83.
- Li, Huimin & Zheng, Dazhi & Chen, Jun, 2014. "Effectiveness, cause and impact of price limit—Evidence from China's cross-listed stocks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 217-241.
- Yong H. Kim & J. Jimmy Yang, 2009. "Effect of Price Limits: Initial Public Offerings versus Seasoned Equities-super-," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 295-318.
- Chen, Gong-Meng & Kim, Kenneth A. & Rui, Oliver M., 2005. "A note on price limit performance: The case of illiquid stocks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 81-92, January.
- Nikolaos G. Theriou & Vassilios P. Aggelidis & Dimitrios I. Maditinos & Željko Ševic, 2010. "Testing the relation between beta and returns in the Athens stock exchange," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(12), pages 1043-1056, October.
- Farag, Hisham, 2013. "Price limit bands, asymmetric volatility and stock market anomalies: Evidence from emerging markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 85-97.
- Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Michail S. Koubouros, 2011.
"The Role of Realised Volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange,"
Multinational Finance Journal,
Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 15(1-2), pages 87-124, March - J.
- Dimitrios Thomakos & Michail Koubouros, 2008. "The Role of Realized Volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange," Working Papers 0020, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Reiffen, David & Buyuksahin, Bahattin, 2010. "The puzzle of privately-imposed price limits: are the limits imposed by financial exchanges effective?," MPRA Paper 35927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kenneth A. Kim & Haixiao Liu & J. Jimmy Yang, 2013. "Reconsidering Price Limit Effectiveness," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 493-518, December.
- Deb, Saikat Sovan & Kalev, Petko S. & Marisetty, Vijaya B., 2013. "Flexible price limits: The case of Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 66-84.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:142-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Farag, Hisham & Cressy, Robert, 2011. "Do regulatory policies affect the flow of information in emerging markets?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 238-254, September.
- George Leledakis & Ian Davidson & George Karathanassis, 2003. "Cross-sectional estimation of stock returns in small markets: The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 413-426.
- Farag, Hisham, 2014. "The effectiveness of competing regulatory regimes and the switching effects: Evidence from an emerging market," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 136-147.
- Farag, Hisham, 2015. "The influence of price limits on overreaction in emerging markets: Evidence from the Egyptian stock market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 190-199.
- ROUSAN, Raya & AL-KHOURI, Ritab, 2005. "Modeling Market Volatility in Emerging Markets: The case of Daily Data in Amman Stock Exchange 1992-2004," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(4), pages 99-118.
- Henke, Harald & Voronkova, Svitlana, 2005. "Price limits on a call auction market: Evidence from the Warsaw Stock Exchange," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 439-453.
- George Diacogiannis & Nikolaos Patsalis & Nickolaos Tsangarakis & Emanuel Tsiritakis, 2005. "Price limits and overreaction in the Athens stock exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 53-61.
- James Brugler & Oliver Linton, 2014. "Single stock circuit breakers on the London Stock Exchange: do they improve subsequent market quality?," CeMMAP working papers CWP07/14, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Chan, Soon Huat & Kim, Kenneth A. & Rhee, S. Ghon, 2005. "Price limit performance: evidence from transactions data and the limit order book," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 269-290, March.
- Anolli, Mario & Petrella, Giovanni, 2007. "A Two-Stage Non Discretionary Trading Suspension Mechanism: Effects on Market Quality," MPRA Paper 7931, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:mfj:journl:v:16:y:2011:i:1-2:p:87-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Veld-Merkoulova, Yulia V., 2003. "Price limits in futures markets: effects on the price discovery process and volatility," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 311-328.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:eufman:v:5:y:1999:i:1:p:69-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/efmaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.