Stock index futures hedging in the emerging Malaysian market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. F. Herbst & D. D. Kare & S. C. Caples, 1989. "Hedging effectiveness and minimum risk hedge ratios in the presence of autocorrelation: Foreign currency futures," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 185-197, June.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Francesco Pattarin & Riccardo Ferretti, 2004. "The Mib30 index and futures relationship: econometric analysis and implications for hedging," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(18), pages 1281-1289.
- A. G. Malliaris & Jorge Urrutia, 1991. "Tests of random walk of hedge ratios and measures of hedging effectiveness for stock indexes and foreign currencies," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 55-68, February.
- Christos Floros & Dimitrios Vougas, 2004. "Hedge ratios in Greek stock index futures market," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(15), pages 1125-1136.
- Kroner, Kenneth F. & Sultan, Jahangir, 1993. "Time-Varying Distributions and Dynamic Hedging with Foreign Currency Futures," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 535-551, December.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-131, February.
- A. G. Malliaris & Jorge L. Urrutia, 1991. "The impact of the lengths of estimation periods and hedging horizons on the effectiveness of a Hedge: Evidence from foreign currency futures," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 271-289, June.
- Wee Ching Pok & Sunil Poshakwale, 2004. "The impact of the introduction of futures contracts on the spot market volatility: the case of Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 143-154.
- Figlewski, Stephen, 1984. " Hedging Performance and Basis Risk in Stock Index Futures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 657-669, July.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Eduardo Roca, 2006. "Calculating the optimal hedge ratio: constant, time varying and the Kalman Filter approach," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 293-299.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vishwas B. & N. Sivakumar, 2016. "Mutual Fund Portfolio Hedging Using Index Futures: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 5(3), pages 203-210, August.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1146-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMalaysian emerging market Spot and futures volatility Bivariate GARCH and TGARCH Portfolio hedging Variance reduction;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:20:y:2009:i:3:p:273-288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.