Coalitional manipulation in a quasilinear economy
In our model, it is assumed that each agent knows the sum of the utility functions of the entire society as well as his own utility. Under this information assumption a social choice mechanism has to make a public decision and choose a balanced set of side payments. The mechanisms providing for stability against coalitational manipulation are shown to be egalitarian. An extension of an arbitrary egalitarian mechanism to a set of inconsistent messages is given in an explicit form. Journal of Economic Literature Classification Number: D82.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Sen, Arunava, 1991. "Implementation under strong equilibrium : A complete characterization," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 49-67.
- Moulin, Herve, 1985.
"Egalitarianism and Utilitarianism in Quasi-linear Bargaining,"
Econometric Society, vol. 53(1), pages 49-67, January.
- Moulin Herve, 1984. "Egalitarianisme and utilitarianism in quasi-linear bargaining," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8417, CEPREMAP.
- Holmstrom, Bengt, 1979. "Groves' Scheme on Restricted Domains," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1137-1144, September.
- d'Aspremont, C. & Gerard-Varet, L. -A., 1982. "Bayesian incentive compatible beliefs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 83-103, June.
- d'ASPREMONT , C. & GERARD VARET, L.-A., "undated". "Bayesian incentive compatible beliefs," CORE Discussion Papers RP 481, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Partha Dasgupta & Peter Hammond & Eric Maskin, 1979. "The Implementation of Social Choice Rules: Some General Results on Incentive Compatibility," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(2), pages 185-216.
- H. Moulin, 1984. "The Conditional Auction Mechanism for Sharing a Surplus," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 157-170.
- Peleg, Bezalel, 1978. "Consistent Voting Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 153-161, January.
- Gibbard, Allan, 1973. "Manipulation of Voting Schemes: A General Result," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 587-601, July.
- Groves, Theodore, 1973. "Incentives in Teams," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 617-631, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:gamebe:v:8:y:1995:i:2:p:349-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.