Progress towards and barriers to implementation of a risk framework for US federal wildland fire policy and decision making
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Young-Hwan & Bettinger, Pete & Finney, Mark, 2009. "Spatial optimization of the pattern of fuel management activities and subsequent effects on simulated wildfires," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(1), pages 253-265, August.
- Dimopoulou, Maria & Giannikos, Ioannis, 2004. "Towards an integrated framework for forest fire control," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 152(2), pages 476-486, January.
- Rideout, Douglas B. & Ziesler, Pamela S. & Kling, Robert & Loomis, John B. & Botti, Stephen J., 2008. "Estimating rates of substitution for protecting values at risk for initial attack planning and budgeting," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 205-219, February.
- Chuvieco, Emilio & Aguado, Inmaculada & Yebra, Marta & Nieto, Héctor & Salas, Javier & Martín, M. Pilar & Vilar, Lara & Martínez, Javier & Martín, Susana & Ibarra, Paloma & de la Riva, Juan & Baeza, J, 2010. "Development of a framework for fire risk assessment using remote sensing and geographic information system technologies," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 46-58.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alcasena, Fermín J. & Salis, Michele & Nauslar, Nicholas J. & Aguinaga, A. Eduardo & Vega-García, Cristina, 2016. "Quantifying economic losses from wildfires in black pine afforestations of northern Spain," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 153-167.
- Rossi, David & Kuusela, Olli-Pekka, 2020. "The influence of risk attitudes on suppression spending and on wildland fire program budgeting," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(C).
- Matthew J. Wibbenmeyer & Michael S. Hand & David E. Calkin & Tyron J. Venn & Matthew P. Thompson, 2013. "Risk Preferences in Strategic Wildfire Decision Making: A Choice Experiment with U.S. Wildfire Managers," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 33(6), pages 1021-1037, June.
- Michael S. Hand & Matthew J. Wibbenmeyer & David E. Calkin & Matthew P. Thompson, 2015. "Risk Preferences, Probability Weighting, and Strategy Tradeoffs in Wildfire Management," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 35(10), pages 1876-1891, October.
More about this item
KeywordsWildfire Risk management Decision support Wildfire policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:13:y:2011:i:5:p:378-389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.