Who makes markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dutta, Prajit K & Madhavan, Ananth, 1997. " Competition and Collusion in Dealer Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 245-276, March.
- Katrina Ellis & Roni Michaely & Maureen O'Hara, 2000. "When the Underwriter Is the Market Maker: An Examination of Trading in the IPO Aftermarket," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1039-1074, June.
- Schultz, Paul H. & Zaman, Mir A., 1994. "Aftermarket support and underpricing of initial public offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 199-219, April.
- Harald Hau, 2001. "Location Matters: An Examination of Trading Profits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1959-1983, October.
- Reena Aggarwal & Pat Conroy, 2000. "Price Discovery in Initial Public Offerings and the Role of the Lead Underwriter," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2903-2922, December.
- Joshua D. Coval & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 1999. "Home Bias at Home: Local Equity Preference in Domestic Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(6), pages 2045-2073, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duarte-Silva, Tiago, 2010. "The market for certification by external parties: Evidence from underwriting and banking relationships," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 568-582, December.
- Kedia, Simi & Zhou, Xing, 2011. "Local market makers, liquidity and market quality," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 540-567, November.
- Frijns, Bart & Schotman, Peter, 2009. "Price discovery in tick time," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 759-776, December.
- Anand, Amber & Gatchev, Vladimir A. & Madureira, Leonardo & Pirinsky, Christo A. & Underwood, Shane, 2011. "Geographic proximity and price discovery: Evidence from NASDAQ," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 193-226, May.
- Amil Dasgupta & Andrea Prat & Michela Verardo, 2011.
"The Price Impact of Institutional Herding,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(3), pages 892-925.
- Dasgupta, Amil & Prat, Andrea & Verardo, Michela, 2010. "The Price Impact of Institutional Herding," CEPR Discussion Papers 7804, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Amil Dasgupta & Andrea Prat & Michela Verardo, 2010. "The Price Impact of Institutional Herding," FMG Discussion Papers dp652, Financial Markets Group.
- Frijns, Bart & Schotman, Peter C., 2006. "Nonlinear dynamics in Nasdaq dealer quotes," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2246-2266, December.
- Madureira, Leonardo & Underwood, Shane, 2008. "Information, sell-side research, and market making," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 105-126, November.
- Laurence Lescourret, 2012.
"Non-fundamental Information and Market-makers' Behavior during the NASDAQ Preopening Session,"
- Lescourret, Laurence, 2012. "Non-Fundamental Information and Market-Makers' Behavior during the NASDAQ Preopening Session," ESSEC Working Papers WP1212, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00384 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chung, Kee H. & Kim, Youngsoo, 2005. "The dynamics of dealer markets and trading costs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 3041-3059, December.
- Mingsheng Li & Xin Zhao, 2008. "Analyst Reputation, Dealer Affiliation, And Market Making," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 301-332.
- Bruce Mizrach, 2003. "Analyst Recommendations and Nasdaq Market Making Activity," Departmental Working Papers 200307, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Youngsoo Kim & Vikas Mehrotra, 2007. "Competition and Market Structure of National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 7(3-4), pages 143-160.
- Allen, Linda & Gottesman, Aron A. & Peng, Lin, 2012. "The impact of joint participation on liquidity in equity and syndicated bank loan markets," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 50-78.
- Fink, Jason & Fink, Kristin E. & Weston, James P., 2006. "Competition on the Nasdaq and the growth of electronic communication networks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 2537-2559, September.
- Mende, Alexander & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2006.
"Profits and speculation in intra-day foreign exchange trading,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 223-245, August.
- Mende, Alexander & Menkhoff, Lukas, 2006. "Profits and Speculation in Intra-Day Foreign Exchange Trading," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-339, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2014. "Market-making and proprietary trading: industry trends, drivers and policy implications," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 52.
- Loughran, Tim & Schultz, Paul, 2005. "Liquidity: Urban versus rural firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 341-374, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finmar:v:6:y:2003:i:1:p:49-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/finmar .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.