Maximizing utility of consumption subject to a constraint on the probability of lifetime ruin
In this paper, we explicitly solve the problem of maximizing utility of consumption (until the minimum of bankruptcy and the time of death) with a constraint on the probability of lifetime ruin, which can be interpreted as a risk measure on the whole path of the wealth process.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Basak, Suleyman & Shapiro, Alexander, 2001.
"Value-at-Risk-Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 371-405.
- Suleyman Basak & Alexander Shapiro, 1999. "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-032, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Suleyman Basak & Alex Shapiro, . "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 06-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Suleyman Basak & Alex Shapiro, . "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 6-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia Young, 2007.
"Correspondence between lifetime minimum wealth and utility of consumption,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 213-236, April.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2007. "Correspondence between Lifetime Minimum Wealth and Utility of Consumption," Papers math/0703820, arXiv.org.
- Phelim Boyle & Weidong Tian, 2007. "Portfolio Management With Constraints," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 319-343.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia Young, 2011.
"Proving regularity of the minimal probability of ruin via a game of stopping and control,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 785-818, December.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2007. "Proving Regularity of the Minimal Probability of Ruin via a Game of Stopping and Control," Papers 0704.2244, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2010.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Young, Virginia R., 2007.
"Minimizing the probability of lifetime ruin under borrowing constraints,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 196-221, July.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2007. "Minimizing the Probability of Lifetime Ruin under Borrowing Constraints," Papers math/0703850, arXiv.org.
- Patrick Cheridito & Freddy Delbaen & Michael Kupper, 2005. "Coherent and convex monetary risk measures for unbounded càdlàg processes," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 369-387, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:5:y:2008:i:4:p:204-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.