The role of biomass gasification and methanisation in the decarbonisation strategies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimon Keramidas & Stephane Tchung-Ming & Ana Raquel Diaz-Vazquez & Matthias Weitzel & Toon Vandyck & Jacques Despres & Andreas Schmitz & Luis Rey Los Santos & Krzysztof Wojtowicz & Burkhard Schade & B, 2018. "Global Energy and Climate Outlook 2018: Sectoral mitigation options towards a low-emissions economy," JRC Working Papers JRC113446, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Jacques Despres & Kimon Keramidas & Andreas Schmitz & Alban Kitous & Burkhard Schade & Ana Raquel Diaz-Vazquez & Silvana Mima & Hans Peter Russ & Tobias Wiesenthal, 2018. "POLES-JRC model documentation - Updated for 2018," JRC Working Papers JRC113757, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Nico Bauer & Steven K. Rose & Shinichiro Fujimori & Detlef P. van Vuuren & John Weyant & Marshall Wise & Yiyun Cui & Vassilis Daioglou & Matthew J. Gidden & Etsushi Kato & Alban Kitous & Florian Lebla, 2018. "Global energy sector emission reductions and bioenergy use: overview of the bioenergy demand phase of the EMF-33 model comparison," Post-Print hal-01972038, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naqvi, Salman Raza & Naqvi, Muhammad & Ammar Taqvi, Syed Ali & Iqbal, Farukh & Inayat, Abrar & Khoja, Asif Hussain & Mehran, Muhammad Taqi & Ayoub, Muhammad & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Saidina Amin, Nor Ais, 2021. "Agro-industrial residue gasification feasibility in captive power plants: A South-Asian case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 214(C).
- Hidalgo, D. & Martín-Marroquín, J.M., 2020. "Power-to-methane, coupling CO2 capture with fuel production: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 132(C).
- Kaabinejadian, Amirreza & Maghsoudi, Peyman & Homayounpour, Mohammad Mehdi & Sadeghi, Sadegh & Bidabadi, Mehdi & Xu, Fei, 2020. "Mathematical modeling of multi-region premixed combustion of moist bamboo particles," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1618-1628.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Vassilis Daioglou & Matteo Muratori & Patrick Lamers & Shinichiro Fujimori & Alban Kitous & Alexandre C. Köberle & Nico Bauer & Martin Junginger & Etsushi Kato & Florian Leblanc & Silvana Mima & Marsh, 2020. "Implications of climate change mitigation strategies on international bioenergy trade," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 1639-1658, December.
- Nikas, A. & Gambhir, A. & Trutnevyte, E. & Koasidis, K. & Lund, H. & Thellufsen, J.Z. & Mayer, D. & Zachmann, G. & Miguel, L.J. & Ferreras-Alonso, N. & Sognnaes, I. & Peters, G.P. & Colombo, E. & Howe, 2021. "Perspective of comprehensive and comprehensible multi-model energy and climate science in Europe," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 215(PA).
- Christoph Böhringer & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2020.
"Europe beyond Coal - An Economic and Climate Impact Assessment,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Christoph Boehringer & Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2020. "Europe beyond Coal - An Economic and Climate Impact Assessment," Working Papers V-430-20, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2020.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2020. "Europe Beyond Coal – An Economic and Climate Impact Assessment," Working Paper Series 5-2020, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, School of Economics and Business.
- Toon Vandyck & Kimon Keramidas & Stéphane Tchung-Ming & Matthias Weitzel & Rita Dingenen, 2020. "Quantifying air quality co-benefits of climate policy across sectors and regions," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 1501-1517, December.
- TCHUNG-MING Stephane & DIAZ VAZQUEZ Ana R. & KERAMIDAS Kimon, 2018. "Global Energy and Climate Outlook 2018: Greenhouse gas emissions and energy balances," JRC Working Papers JRC114840, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Steef V. Hanssen & Vassilis Daioglou & Zoran J. N. Steinmann & Stefan Frank & Alexander Popp & Thierry Brunelle & Pekka Lauri & Tomoko Hasegawa & Mark A. J. Huijbregts & Detlef P. Vuuren, 2020. "Biomass residues as twenty-first century bioenergy feedstock—a comparison of eight integrated assessment models," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 1569-1586, December.
- Gunnar Luderer & Michaja Pehl & Anders Arvesen & Thomas Gibon & Benjamin Bodirsky & Harmen Sytze de Boer & Oliver Fricko & Mohamad Hejazi & Florian Humpenöder & Gokul Iyer & Silvana Mima & Ioanna Mour, 2019. "Environmental co-benefits and adverse side-effects of alternative power sector decarbonization strategies," Post-Print hal-02380468, HAL.
- Lehtveer, Mariliis & Fridahl, Mathias, 2020. "Managing variable renewables with biomass in the European electricity system: Emission targets and investment preferences," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 213(C).
- REY LOS SANTOS Luis & WOJTOWICZ Krzysztof & TAMBA Marie & VANDYCK Toon & WEITZEL Matthias & SAVEYN Bert & TEMURSHO Umed, 2018. "Global macroeconomic balances for mid-century climate analyses," JRC Working Papers JRC113981, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Goes, George Vasconcelos & Schmitz Gonçalves, Daniel Neves & de Almeida D’Agosto, Márcio & de Mello Bandeira, Renata Albergaria & Grottera, Carolina, 2020. "Transport-energy-environment modeling and investment requirements from Brazilian commitments," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 303-311.
- Ajay Gambhir & Isabela Butnar & Pei-Hao Li & Pete Smith & Neil Strachan, 2019. "A Review of Criticisms of Integrated Assessment Models and Proposed Approaches to Address These, through the Lens of BECCS," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-21, May.
- Junichi Tsutsui & Hiromi Yamamoto & Shogo Sakamoto & Masahiro Sugiyama, 2020. "The role of advanced end-use technologies in long-term climate change mitigation: the interlinkage between primary bioenergy and energy end-use," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 1659-1673, December.
- Mandley, S.J. & Daioglou, V. & Junginger, H.M. & van Vuuren, D.P. & Wicke, B., 2020. "EU bioenergy development to 2050," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Birka Wicke & Ingeborg Kluts & Jan Peter Lesschen, 2020. "Bioenergy Potential and Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Intensifying European Temporary Grasslands," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Matteo Muratori & Nico Bauer & Steven K. Rose & Marshall Wise & Vassilis Daioglou & Yiyun Cui & Etsushi Kato & Matthew Gidden & Jessica Strefler & Shinichiro Fujimori & Ronald D. Sands & Detlef P. Vuu, 2020. "EMF-33 insights on bioenergy with carbon capture and storage (BECCS)," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 1621-1637, December.
More about this item
KeywordsLong-term energy modelling; Decarbonisation; Bioenergy; Gasification; Methanisation; Biogas; CCS; Flexibility;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:193:y:2020:i:c:s0360544219324326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.