"KLICing" there and back again: Portfolio selection using the empirical likelihood divergence and Hellinger distance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Ryan Haley & Charles Whiteman, 2008. "Generalized Safety First and a New Twist on Portfolio Performance," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(4-6), pages 457-483.
- Robertson, John C & Tallman, Ellis W & Whiteman, Charles H, 2005. "Forecasting Using Relative Entropy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(3), pages 383-401, June.
- Fishburn, Peter C, 1977. "Mean-Risk Analysis with Risk Associated with Below-Target Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 116-126, March.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard H. Thaler, 1995.
"Myopic Loss Aversion and the Equity Premium Puzzle,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(1), pages 73-92.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard H. Thaler, 1993. "Myopic Loss Aversion and the Equity Premium Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 4369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- C. W. Granger & E. Maasoumi & J. Racine, 2004. "A Dependence Metric for Possibly Nonlinear Processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(5), pages 649-669, September.
- Stutzer, Michael, 2003. "Portfolio choice with endogenous utility: a large deviations approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 365-386.
- Bawa, Vijay S., 1978. "Safety-First, Stochastic Dominance, and Optimal Portfolio Choice," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 255-271, June.
- Pyle, David H & Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1970. "Safety-First and Expected Utility Maximization in Mean-Standard Deviation Portfolio Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(1), pages 75-81, February.
- Bawa, Vijay S, 1976. "Admissible Portfolios for All Individuals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1169-1183, September.
- William J. Baumol, 1963. "An Expected Gain-Confidence Limit Criterion for Portfolio Selection," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 174-182, October.
- M. Ryan Haley & Todd B. Walker, 2010.
"Alternative tilts for nonparametric option pricing,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(10), pages 983-1006, October.
- Walker, Todd B & Haley, M. Ryan, 2009. "Alternative Tilts for Nonparametric Option Pricing," MPRA Paper 17140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haley, M. Ryan & McGee, M. Kevin, 2006. "Tilting safety first and the Sharpe portfolio," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 173-180, September.
- Stutzer, Michael, 1996. " A Simple Nonparametric Approach to Derivative Security Valuation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1633-1652, December.
- Basu, Ayanendranath & Park, Chanseok & Lindsay, Bruce G. & Li, Haihong, 2004. "Some variants of minimum disparity estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 741-763, May.
- Matthew Rabin, 1998.
"Psychology and Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 11-46, March.
- Matthew Rabin., 1997. "Psychology and Economics," Economics Working Papers 97-251, University of California at Berkeley.
- Rabin, Matthew, 1997. "Psychology and Economics," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8jd5z5j2, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Fred Hanssmann, 1968. "Probability of Survival as an Investment Criterion," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 33-48, September.
- Levy, Haim & Sarnat, Marshall, 1972. "Safety First — An Expected Utility Principle," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 1829-1834, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:annfin:v:13:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10436-017-0301-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPortfolio selection Skewness Entropy Shortfall Endogenous utility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:18:y:2011:i:2:p:341-352. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.