Consistency for the additive efficient normalization of semivalues
This paper contributes to consistency for the additive efficient normalization of semivalues. Motivated from the additive efficient normalization of a semivalue being a B-revision of the Shapley value, we introduce the B-reduced game which is an extension of Sobolev’s reduced game. Then the additive efficient normalization of a semivalue is axiomatized as the unique value satisfying covariance, symmetry, and B-consistency. Furthermore, by means of the path-independently linear consistency together with the standardness for two-person games, the additive efficient normalization of semivalues is also characterized. Accessorily, the additive efficient normalization of semivalues is directly verified as the linear consistent least square values (see Ruiz et al., 1998).
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 224 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Irinel Dragan, 2006. "The least square values and the shapley value for cooperative TU games," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 14(1), pages 61-73, June.
- Ruiz, Luis M. & Valenciano, Federico & Zarzuelo, Jose M., 1998. "The Family of Least Square Values for Transferable Utility Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 109-130, July.
- Maschler, Michael, 1992. "The bargaining set, kernel, and nucleolus," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 18, pages 591-667 Elsevier.
- Carreras, Francesc & Giménez, José Miguel, 2011. "Power and potential maps induced by any semivalue: Some algebraic properties and computation by multilinear extensions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 211(1), pages 148-159, May.
- Dragan, Irinel, 1996. "New mathematical properties of the Banzhaf value," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 451-463, December.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Gérard Hamiache, 2010. "A Matrix Approach To The Associated Consistency With An Application To The Shapley Value," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(02), pages 175-187.
- Theo Driessen & Elena Yanovskaya, 2002. "Note On linear consistency of anonymous values for TU-games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 30(4), pages 601-609.
- Klaus Kultti & Hannu Salonen, 2007. "Minimum norm solutions for cooperative games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 35(4), pages 591-602, April.
- Thomson, W., 1996. "Consistent Allocation Rules," RCER Working Papers 418, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Theo Driessen, 2010. "Associated consistency and values for TU games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 39(3), pages 467-482, July.
- L. Hernández-Lamoneda & R. Juárez & F. Sánchez-Sánchez, 2007. "Dissection of solutions in cooperative game theory using representation techniques," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 35(3), pages 395-426, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:224:y:2013:i:3:p:566-571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.