Simulation-based framework to improve patient experience in an emergency department
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Soung-Hie & Jang, Ki-Jin, 2002. "Designing performance analysis and IDEF0 for enterprise modelling in BPR," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 121-133, March.
- Kim, Seung-Chul & Horowitz, Ira & Young, Karl K. & Buckley, Thomas A., 1999. "Analysis of capacity management of the intensive care unit in a hospital," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 36-46, May.
- James S. Dyer & Peter C. Fishburn & Ralph E. Steuer & Jyrki Wallenius & Stanley Zionts, 1992. "Multiple Criteria Decision Making, Multiattribute Utility Theory: The Next Ten Years," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(5), pages 645-654, May.
- Harper, P. R. & Shahani, A. K. & Gallagher, J. E. & Bowie, C., 2005. "Planning health services with explicit geographical considerations: a stochastic location-allocation approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 141-152, April.
- David Sinreich & Ola Jabali, 2007. "Staggered work shifts: a way to downsize and restructure an emergency department workforce yet maintain current operational performance," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 293-308, September.
- Robert S. Dittus & Robert W. Klein & David J. DeBrota & Mark A. Dame & John F. Fitzgerald, 1996. "Medical Resident Work Schedules: Design and Evaluation by Stimulation Modeling," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(6), pages 891-906, June.
- Ahmed, Mohamed A. & Alkhamis, Talal M., 2009. "Simulation optimization for an emergency department healthcare unit in Kuwait," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(3), pages 936-942, November.
- Liberatore, Matthew J. & Nydick, Robert L., 2008. "The analytic hierarchy process in medical and health care decision making: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 189(1), pages 194-207, August.
- Wierzbicki, Andrzej P., 2007. "Modelling as a way of organising knowledge," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 176(1), pages 610-635, January.
- Oddoye, J.P. & Jones, D.F. & Tamiz, M. & Schmidt, P., 2009. "Combining simulation and goal programming for healthcare planning in a medical assessment unit," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(1), pages 250-261, February.
- Litvak, Nelly & van Rijsbergen, Marleen & Boucherie, Richard J. & van Houdenhoven, Mark, 2008. "Managing the overflow of intensive care patients," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 998-1010, March.
- Brailsford, Sally & Vissers, Jan, 2011. "OR in healthcare: A European perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(2), pages 223-234, July.
- Saaty, Thomas L., 1990. "How to make a decision: The analytic hierarchy process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 9-26, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaushal, Arjun & Zhao, Yuancheng & Peng, Qingjin & Strome, Trevor & Weldon, Erin & Zhang, Michael & Chochinov, Alecs, 2015. "Evaluation of fast track strategies using agent-based simulation modeling to reduce waiting time in a hospital emergency department," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 18-31.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:261:y:2017:i:3:p:1110-1124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsai, Shing Chih & Fu, Sheng Yang, 2014. "Genetic-algorithm-based simulation optimization considering a single stochastic constraint," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(1), pages 113-125.
- Willoughby, Keith A. & Chan, Benjamin T.B. & Marques, Shauna, 2016. "Using simulation to test ideas for improving speech language pathology services," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 252(2), pages 657-664.
- Rashwan, Wael & Abo-Hamad, Waleed & Arisha, Amr, 2015. "A system dynamics view of the acute bed blockage problem in the Irish healthcare system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 247(1), pages 276-293.
- Golmohammadi, Davood, 2016. "Predicting hospital admissions to reduce emergency department boarding," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 535-544.
More about this item
KeywordsSimulation; Multiple criteria decision analysis; Emergency department; Healthcare management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:224:y:2013:i:1:p:154-166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.