Optimal bandwidth selection for conditional efficiency measures: A data-driven approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Luiza Badin & Cinzia Daraio & Léopold Simar, 2008. "Optimal Bandwidth Selection for Conditional Efficiency Measures: a Data-driven Approach," LEM Papers Series 2008/22, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Hall & Jeff Racine & Qi Li, 2004. "Cross-Validation and the Estimation of Conditional Probability Densities," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 1015-1026, December.
- Li, Qi & Racine, Jeffrey S, 2008. "Nonparametric Estimation of Conditional CDF and Quantile Functions With Mixed Categorical and Continuous Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 26, pages 423-434.
- Park, Byeong U. & Simar, Léopold & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2008.
"Local likelihood estimation of truncated regression and its partial derivatives: Theory and application,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 185-198, September.
- Park, Byeong & Simar, Leopold & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2006. "Local likelihood estimation of truncated regression and its partial derivatives: theory and application," MPRA Paper 34686, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Byeong U. Park & Leopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2008. "Local Likelihood Estimation of Truncated Regression and Its Partial Derivatives: Theory and Application," Discussion Papers 7, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Jeong, Seok-Oh & Simar, Léopold, 2006. "Linearly interpolated FDH efficiency score for nonconvex frontiers," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(10), pages 2141-2161, November.
- Kneip, Alois & Simar, Léopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2008. "Asymptotics And Consistent Bootstraps For Dea Estimators In Nonparametric Frontier Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(06), pages 1663-1697, December.
- Léopold Simar, 2007.
"How to improve the performances of DEA/FDH estimators in the presence of noise?,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 183-201, December.
- Simar, Léopold, 2003. "How to Improve the Performances of DEA/FDH Estimators in the Presence of Noise?," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,33, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Reinhard, Stijn & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Thijssen, Geert J., 2000. "Environmental efficiency with multiple environmentally detrimental variables; estimated with SFA and DEA," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 287-303, March.
- Cinzia Daraio & Léopold Simar, 2005.
"Introducing Environmental Variables in Nonparametric Frontier Models: a Probabilistic Approach,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 93-121, September.
- Cinzia Daraio & Leopold Simar, 2003. "Introducing Environmental Variables in Nonparametric Frontier Models: a Probabilistic Approach," LEM Papers Series 2003/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Cinzia Daraio & Léopold Simar, 2007.
"Conditional nonparametric frontier models for convex and nonconvex technologies: a unifying approach,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 13-32, October.
- Cinzia Daraio & Leopold Simar, 2005. "Conditional Nonparametric Frontier Models for Convex and Non Convex Technologies: a Unifying Approach," LEM Papers Series 2005/12, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
- Park, B.U. & Simar, L. & Weiner, Ch., 2000. "The Fdh Estimator For Productivity Efficiency Scores," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(06), pages 855-877, December.
- Daraio, Cinzia & Simar, Leopold, 2006. "A robust nonparametric approach to evaluate and explain the performance of mutual funds," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(1), pages 516-542, November.
- Cazals, Catherine & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Leopold, 2002. "Nonparametric frontier estimation: a robust approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
More about this item
KeywordsNonparametric efficiency estimation Conditional efficiency measures Environmental factors Conditional distribution function Bandwidth;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C40 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - General
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:201:y:2010:i:2:p:633-640. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.