A facility location and installation of resources model for level of repair analysis
The Level of Repair Analysis - LORA - is an analytic methodology aimed at determining: (i) the optimal location of facilities that compose a maintenance structure; (ii) the quantity of required resources in each facility; and (iii) the best repair policies, i.e., rules that determine if a given component should be discarded or repaired, and where those actions should take place. This work presents a mixed-integer programming model for LORA that is more comprehensive than others in the literature, being suitable to many practical situations. The model was applied to 15 substantial real world problems, and considering distinct maintenance policies to some of them, resulted in 22 different solutions, all of which could be achieved by a commercial Mixed-Integer Programming (MIP) solver in reasonable times.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- ReVelle, C. S. & Eiselt, H. A., 2005. "Location analysis: A synthesis and survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 1-19, August.
- Klose, Andreas & Drexl, Andreas, 2005. "Facility location models for distribution system design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 162(1), pages 4-29, April.
- Alfredsson, Patrik, 1997. "Optimization of multi-echelon repairable item inventory systems with simultaneous location of repair facilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 584-595, June.
- Barros, Lilian & Riley, Michael, 2001. "A combinatorial approach to level of repair analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 129(2), pages 242-251, March.
- Barros, Lilian L. & Riley, Michael & Brown, David, 2001. "Special millennium issue of the EJOR: A global view of industrial logistics," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 129(2), pages 231-234, March.
- ReVelle, C.S. & Eiselt, H.A. & Daskin, M.S., 2008. "A bibliography for some fundamental problem categories in discrete location science," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 184(3), pages 817-848, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:192:y:2009:i:2:p:479-486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.