An index heuristic for transshipment decisions in multi-location inventory systems based on a pairwise decomposition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- T. W. Archibald & S. A. E. Sassen & L. C. Thomas, 1997. "An Optimal Policy for a Two Depot Inventory Problem with Stock Transfer," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(2), pages 173-183, February.
- Anil Kukreja & Charles P. Schmidt & David M. Miller, 2001. "Stocking Decisions for Low-Usage Items in a Multilocation Inventory System," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(10), pages 1371-1383, October.
- George Tagaras & Morris A. Cohen, 1992. "Pooling in Two-Location Inventory Systems with Non-Negligible Replenishment Lead Times," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(8), pages 1067-1083, August.
- Nils Rudi & Sandeep Kapur & David F. Pyke, 2001. "A Two-Location Inventory Model with Transshipment and Local Decision Making," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(12), pages 1668-1680, December.
- Minner, Stefan & Silver, Edward A. & Robb, David J., 2003. "An improved heuristic for deciding on emergency transshipments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(2), pages 384-400, July.
- Hau L. Lee, 1987. "A Multi-Echelon Inventory Model for Repairable Items with Emergency Lateral Transshipments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(10), pages 1302-1316, October.
- Wong, Hartanto & Cattrysse, Dirk & Van Oudheusden, Dirk, 2005. "Inventory pooling of repairable spare parts with non-zero lateral transshipment time and delayed lateral transshipments," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 165(1), pages 207-218, August.
- H. Jönsson & E. A. Silver, 1987. "Analysis of a Two-Echelon Inventory Control System with Complete Redistribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(2), pages 215-227, February.
- Burton, Jonathan & Banerjee, Avijit, 2005. "Cost-parametric analysis of lateral transshipment policies in two-echelon supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 169-178, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tiacci, Lorenzo & Saetta, Stefano, 2011. "Reducing the mean supply delay of spare parts using lateral transshipments policies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 182-191, September.
- Paterson, Colin & Kiesmüller, Gudrun & Teunter, Ruud & Glazebrook, Kevin, 2011. "Inventory models with lateral transshipments: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 125-136, April.
- Meissner, Joern & Senicheva, Olga V., 2018.
"Approximate dynamic programming for lateral transshipment problems in multi-location inventory systems,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 265(1), pages 49-64.
- Joern Meissner & Olga Rusyaeva, 2015. "Approximate Dynamic Programming for lateral transshipment problems in multi-location inventory systems," Working Papers MRG/0025, Department of Logistics, Kuehne Logistics University, revised Mar 2016.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:61:y:2010:i:2:d:10.1057_jors.2008.127 is not listed on IDEAS
- He, Yong & Zhang, Peng & Yao, Yuliang, 2014. "Unidirectional transshipment policies in a dual-channel supply chain," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 259-268.
- Paterson, Colin & Teunter, Ruud & Glazebrook, Kevin, 2012. "Enhanced lateral transshipments in a multi-location inventory system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(2), pages 317-327.
- repec:spr:orspec:v:40:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00291-017-0497-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic programming Inventory Stochastic models Transshipment Decomposition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:192:y:2009:i:1:p:69-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.