Do bank mergers have hidden or foregone value? Realized and unrealized operating synergies in one bank merger
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rhoades, Stephen A., 1998. "The efficiency effects of bank mergers: An overview of case studies of nine mergers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 273-291, March.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1992. "Megamergers in banking and the use of cost efficiency as an antitrust defense," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 203, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:15:y:2013:i:3:d:10.1007_s10796-011-9341-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Santos José O. Dacanay III, 2010. "The evolution of cost and profit efficiency of Philippine commercial banks," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 47(1), pages 109-146, June.
- Mohamed M. Mostafa, 2011. "Modeling Islamic banks' efficiency: a non-parametric frontier approach," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 7-29, April.
- Fethi, Meryem Duygun & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2010. "Assessing bank efficiency and performance with operational research and artificial intelligence techniques: A survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(2), pages 189-198, July.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:61:y:2010:i:10:d:10.1057_jors.2009.106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Erjola BARBULLUSHI (SAKTI) & Orfea DHUCI, 2015. "Albanian Banking Efficiency Analysis: A Production Dea Approach - Comparision Of Crs And Vrs Model," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(2), pages 59-68, December.
- Carlos Sánchez-González & José Luis Sarto & Luis Vicente, 2013. "The efficiency of Spanish mutual funds companies: A slacks-based measure approach," Documentos de Trabajo dt2013-01, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- Lo, Shih-Fang & Lu, Wen-Min, 2009. "An integrated performance evaluation of financial holding companies in Taiwan," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 198(1), pages 341-350, October.
- Meryem Duygun & Mohamed Shaban & Robin Sickles & Thomas Weyman-Jones, 2015. "How a regulatory capital requirement affects banks’ productivity: an application to emerging economies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 237-248, December.
- Paradi, Joseph C. & Zhu, Haiyan, 2013. "A survey on bank branch efficiency and performance research with data envelopment analysis," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 61-79.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:168:y:2006:i:1:p:253-268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.