Analysis of trends in technical and allocative efficiency: An application to Texas public school districts
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ahn, Taesik & Charnes, Abraham & Cooper, William W., 1988. "Some statistical and DEA evaluations of relative efficiencies of public and private institutions of higher learning," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 259-269.
- Rajiv D. Banker, 1993. "Maximum Likelihood, Consistency and Data Envelopment Analysis: A Statistical Foundation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1265-1273, October.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Rhine, Sherrie L W & Santos, Maria C, 1989. "Institutions of Higher Education as Multi-product Firms: Economies of Scale and Scope," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 284-290, May.
- Chizmar, John F & Zak, Thomas A, 1983. "Modeling Multiple Outputs in Educational Production Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 17-22, May.
- Banker, Rajiv D & Maindiratta, Ajay, 1988. "Nonparametric Analysis of Technical and Allocative Efficiencies in Production," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1315-1332, November.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Richard J. Butler & David H. Monk, 1985. "The Cost of Public Schooling in New York State: The Role of Scale and Efficiency in 1978-79," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(3), pages 361-382.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui, 1995. "A simulation study of hypothesis tests for differences in efficiencies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 37-54, April.
- Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena & Gyapong, Anthony O., 1992. "Elasticities of factor substitution in the production of education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 205-217, September.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
- Subhash C. Ray, 1991. "Resource-Use Efficiency in Public Schools: A Study of Connecticut Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(12), pages 1620-1628, December.
- Rolf FÃ¤re & Shawna Grosskopf & William L. Weber, 1989. "Measuring School District Performance," Public Finance Review, SAGE Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 409-428, October.
- Solomon W. Polachek & Thomas J. Kniesner & Henrick J. Harwood, 1978. "Educational Production Functions," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 3(3), pages 209-231, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:154:y:2004:i:2:p:477-491. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.