The relationship between preventive maintenance and manufacturing system performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- D. Sarkar & W. I. Zangwill, 1989. "Expected Waiting Time for Nonsymmetric Cyclic Queueing Systems---Exact Results and Applications," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1463-1474, December.
- Mandyam M. Srinivasan & Diwakar Gupta, 1996. "When Should a Roving Server Be Patient?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 437-451, March.
- Robert B. Cooper & Shun-Chen Niu & Mandyam M. Srinivasan, 1998. "When Does Forced Idle Time Improve Performance in Polling Models?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(8), pages 1079-1086, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Samira Taleb & Amar Aissani, 2016. "Preventive maintenance in an unreliable M/G/1 retrial queue with persistent and impatient customers," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 247(1), pages 291-317, December.
- Amado, Carla A.F. & Santos, Sérgio P. & Sequeira, João F.C., 2013. "Using Data Envelopment Analysis to support the design of process improvement interventions in electricity distribution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(1), pages 226-235.
- Juhong Chen & Ruijun Zhang & Di Wu, 2018. "Equipment Maintenance Business Model Innovation for Sustainable Competitive Advantage in the Digitalization Context: Connotation, Types, and Measuring," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-20, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:132:y:2001:i:1:p:146-162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.