Improving Performance in Cyclic Production Systems by Using Forced Variable Idle Setup Time
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert B. Cooper & Shun-Chen Niu & Mandyam M. Srinivasan, 1998. "When Does Forced Idle Time Improve Performance in Polling Models?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(8), pages 1079-1086, August.
- D. Sarkar & W. I. Zangwill, 1989. "Expected Waiting Time for Nonsymmetric Cyclic Queueing Systems---Exact Results and Applications," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1463-1474, December.
- Subhashish Samaddar & Tej Kaul, 1995. "Effects of Setup and Processing Time Reductions on WIP in the JIT Production Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(7), pages 1263-1265, July.
- Debashish Sarkar & Willard I. Zangwill, 1991. "Variance Effects in Cyclic Production Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(4), pages 444-453, April.
- Izak Duenyas & Mark P. Van Oyen, 1996. "Heuristic Scheduling of Parallel Heterogeneous Queues with Set-Ups," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(6), pages 814-829, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jodlbauer, Herbert & Reitner, Sonja, 2012. "Optimizing service-level and relevant cost for a stochastic multi-item cyclic production system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 306-317.
More about this item
Keywordscyclic production systems; multiproduct systems; setup times; waiting times; variance effects; stochastic inventory; variance reductions; cyclic queues;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:10:y:2008:i:2:p:173-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .