Socio-economic status and z-score standardized height-for-age of U.S.-born children (ages 2-6)
This study explores socio-economic gradients in height (stature-for-age) among a nationally representative sample of 2-6 year old children in the United States. We use NHANES III (1988-1994) Youth data linked with a special Natality Data supplement which contains information from birth certificates among sampled NHANES III Youth who are
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Komlos & Marieluise Baur, 2003.
"From the Tallest to (One of) the Fattest: The Enigmatic Fate of the American Population in the 20th Century,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1028, CESifo Group Munich.
- Komlos, John & Baur, Marieluise, 2004. "From the tallest to (one of) the fattest: the enigmatic fate of the American population in the 20th century," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 57-74, March.
- Komlos, John & Baur, Marieluise, 2003. "From the Tallest to (One of) the Fattest: The Enigmatic Fate of the American Population in the 20th Century," Discussion Papers in Economics 76, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- John Komlos & Benjamin E. Lauderdale, 2007. "Underperformance in Affluence: The Remarkable Relative Decline in U.S. Heights in the Second Half of the 20th Century," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 88(2), pages 283-305.
- Batty, G. David & Shipley, Martin J. & Gunnell, David & Huxley, Rachel & Kivimaki, Mika & Woodward, Mark & Lee, Crystal Man Ying & Smith, George Davey, 2009. "Height, wealth, and health: An overview with new data from three longitudinal studies," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 137-152, July.
- Carba, Delia B. & Tan, Vivencia L. & Adair, Linda S., 2009. "Early childhood length-for-age is associated with the work status of Filipino young adults," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 7-17, March.
- Komlos, John, 2010. "The recent decline in the height of African-American women," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 58-66, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol:v:9:y:2011:i:3:p:272-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.