Patterns and correlates of adult height in Sri Lanka
The present study examines patterns and socioeconomic and demographic correlates of adult height among Sri Lankan adults. Data were available for height and socio-demographic factors from a nationally representative cross-sectional sample of 4477 subjects above 18 years. Recruitment was between 2005 and 2006. Mean age of all subjects was 46.1Â Â±Â 15.1 years. Mean height of males and females were 163.6Â Â±Â 6.9Â cm and 151.4Â Â±Â 6.4Â cm respectively. Mean height showed a significant negative correlation with age (pÂ
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zellner, Konrad & Jaeger, Uwe & Kromeyer-Hauschild, Katrin, 2004. "Height, weight and BMI of schoolchildren in Jena, Germany--are the secular changes levelling off?," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 281-294, June.
- Yoko Akachi & David Canning, 2007. "The Height of Women in Sub-Saharan Africa: the Role of Health, Nutrition, and Income in Childhood," PGDA Working Papers 2207, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:deaton_height_health_and_inequality_the_distribution_of_adult_heights_in_india_aerpp.pdf is not listed on IDEAS
- Sunder, Marco & Woitek, Ulrich, 2005. "Boom, bust, and the human body: Further evidence on the relationship between height and business cycles," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 450-466, December.
- Garcia, Jaume & Quintana-Domeque, Climent, 2007.
"The evolution of adult height in Europe: A brief note,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 340-349, July.
- Jaume Garcia Villar & Climent Quintana-Domeque, 2006. "The evolution of adult height in Europe: A brief note," Economics Working Papers 1002, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Feb 2007.
- Angus Deaton, 2008. "Height, Health, and Inequality: The Distribution of Adult Heights in India," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 468-474, May.
- Angus Deaton, 2008. "Height, health, and inequality: the distribution of adult heights in India," Working Papers 1009, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Angus Deaton, 2009. "Height, health, and inequality: the distribution of adult heights in India," Working Papers 1125, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Komlos, John, 1998. "Shrinking in a Growing Economy? The Mystery of Physical Stature during the Industrial Revolution," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(03), pages 779-802, September.
- John Komlos, "undated". "Shrinking in a Growing Economy? The Mystery of Physical Stature during the Industrial Revolution," Articles by John Komlos 7, Department of Economics, University of Munich.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol:v:9:y:2011:i:1:p:23-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.