Distribution-free tests for time series models specification
We consider a class of time series specification tests based on quadratic forms of weighted sums of residuals autocorrelations. Asymptotically distribution-free tests in the presence of estimated parameters are obtained by suitably transforming the weights, which can be optimally chosen to maximize the power function when testing in the direction of local alternatives. We discuss in detail an asymptotically optimal distribution-free alternative to the popular Box-Pierce when testing in the direction of AR or MA alternatives. The performance of the test with small samples is studied by means of a Monte Carlo experiment.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lobato I. N., 2001. "Testing That a Dependent Process Is Uncorrelated," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1066-1076, September.
- Durbin, J, 1970. "Testing for Serial Correlation in Least-Squares Regression When Some of the Regressors are Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(3), pages 410-21, May.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005.
"Distribution free goodness-of-fit tests for linear processes,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6840, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005. "Distribution Free Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Linear Processes," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /2005/482, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014. "A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2009. "Distribution-free specification tests for dynamic linear models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 12(s1), pages S105-S134, 01.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:155:y:2010:i:2:p:128-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.