Consistent estimation of a general nonparametric regression function in time series
We propose an estimator of the conditional distribution of XtXt-1,Xt-2,..., and the corresponding regression function , where the conditioning set is of infinite order. We establish consistency of our estimator under stationarity and ergodicity conditions plus a mild smoothness condition.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masry, Elias, 2005. "Nonparametric regression estimation for dependent functional data: asymptotic normality," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 155-177, January.
- Oliver Linton & E. Mammen & J. Nielsen, 1997.
"The Existence and Asymptotic Properties of a Backfitting Projection Algorithm Under Weak Conditions,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1160, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Oliver Linton & Enno Mammen & N Nielsen, 2000. "The Existence and Asymptotic Properties of a Backfitting Projection Algorithm under Weak Conditions," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 386, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Enno Mammen & Oliver Linton & J Nielsen, 2000. "The existence and asymptotic properties of a backfitting projection algorithm under weak conditions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2315, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oliver Linton & E. Mammen & J. Nielsen, 1999. "The existence and asymptotic properties of a backfitting projection algorithm under weak conditions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 300, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sancetta, Alessio, 2009. "Nearest neighbor conditional estimation for Harris recurrent Markov chains," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2224-2236, November.
- Sancetta, A., 2007. "Nearest Neighbor Conditional Estimation for Harris Recurrent Markov Chains," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0735, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1998. "Nonstationary Density Estimation and Kernel Autoregression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1181, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-887, September.
- Pagan, Adrian & Ullah, Aman, 1988. "The Econometric Analysis of Models with Risk Terms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(2), pages 87-105, April.
- Linton, Oliver & Perron, Benoit, 2003. "The Shape of the Risk Premium: Evidence from a Semiparametric Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(3), pages 354-367, July.
- Lu, Zudi & Linton, Oliver, 2007. "Local Linear Fitting Under Near Epoch Dependence," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 37-70, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)