A multiple variance ratio test using subsampling
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "VRATIO: RATS procedure to implement variance ratio unit root test procedure," Statistical Software Components RTS00231, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Chow, K. Victor & Denning, Karen C., 1993.
"A simple multiple variance ratio test,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 385-401, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "CHOWDENNING: RATS procedure to perform Chow-Denning multiple variance ratio test," Statistical Software Components RTS00035, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eduardo Lima & Benjamin Tabak, 2009. "Tests of Random Walk: A Comparison of Bootstrap Approaches," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 365-382, November.
- Eduardo José Araújo Lima & Benjamin Miranda Tabak, 2008. "Exchange Rate Dynamics and the Relationship between the Random Walk Hypothesis and Official Interventions," Working Papers Series 173, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier, 2009.
"The random walk hypothesis for Chinese stock markets: Evidence from variance ratio tests,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 117-126, June.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2009. "The random walk hypothesis for Chinese stock markets: Evidence from variance ratio tests," Post-Print hal-00771080, HAL.
- Abullah M. Noman & Minhaz U. Ahmed, 2008. "Efficiency of the foreign exchange markets in South Asian Countries," AIUB Bus Econ Working Paper Series AIUB-BUS-ECON-2008-18, American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB), Office of Research and Publications (ORP), revised Jun 2008.
- Taipalus, Katja, 2012. "Detecting asset price bubbles with time-series methods," Scientific Monographs, Bank of Finland, number 2012_047, November.
- Seok Young Hong & Oliver Linton & Hui Jun Zhang, 2014. "Multivariate Variance Ratio Statistics," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1459, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier & Kim, Jae H., 2012.
"Exchange-rate return predictability and the adaptive markets hypothesis: Evidence from major foreign exchange rates,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1607-1626.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Jae H. Kim, 2010. "Exchange-Rate Return Predictability and the Adaptive Markets Hypothesis: Evidence from Major Foreign Exchange Rates," Working Papers hal-00547722, HAL.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Jae H. Kim, 2012. "Exchange-rate return predictability and the adaptive markets hypothesis: Evidence from major foreign exchange rates," Post-Print hal-00958288, HAL.
- Regis Augusto Ely, 2011. "Returns Predictability and Stock Market Efficiency in Brazil," Brazilian Review of Finance, Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 9(4), pages 571-584.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2009. "Variance-Ratio Tests Of Random Walk: An Overview," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 503-527, July.
- Kim, Jae H., 2006. "Wild bootstrapping variance ratio tests," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 38-43, July.
- Seok Young Hong & Oliver Linton & Hui Jun Zhang, 2015.
"An investigation into Multivariate Variance Ratio Statistics and their application to Stock Market Predictability,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1552, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Seok Young Hong & Oliver Linton & Hui Jun Zhang, 2015. "An investigation into multivariate variance ratio statistics and their application to stock market predictability," CeMMAP working papers CWP13/15, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Kian‐Ping Lim & Robert Brooks, 2011. "The Evolution Of Stock Market Efficiency Over Time: A Survey Of The Empirical Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 69-108, February.
- Jean-Marie DUFOUR & Lynda KHALAF & Marcel VOIA, 2013.
"Finite-Sample Resampling-Based Combined Hypothesis Tests, with Applications to Serial Correlation and Predictability,"
Cahiers de recherche
13-2013, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Jean-Marie Dufour & Lynda Khalaf & Marcel Voia, 2013. "Finite-sample resampling-based combined hypothesis tests, with applications to serial correlation and predictability," CIRANO Working Papers 2013s-40, CIRANO.
- Jae H. Kim, 2004. "Testing for the martingale hypothesis in Asian stock prices: evidence from a new joint variance ratio test," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 98, Econometric Society.
- Shyh-wei Chen, 2009. "Random walks in asian foreign exchange markets:evidence from new multiple variance ratio tests," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 1296-1307.
- Hoque, Hafiz A.A.B. & Kim, Jae H. & Pyun, Chong Soo, 2007. "A comparison of variance ratio tests of random walk: A case of Asian emerging stock markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 488-502.
- Kim, Jae H. & Shamsuddin, Abul, 2008. "Are Asian stock markets efficient? Evidence from new multiple variance ratio tests," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 518-532, June.
- Fleming, Jeff & Kirby, Chris & Ostdiek, Barbara, 2006. "Bootstrap tests of multiple inequality restrictions on variance ratios," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 343-348, June.
- Kim, Jae H., 2009. "Automatic variance ratio test under conditional heteroskedasticity," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 179-185, September.
- Roberto Ortiz & Mauricio Contreras & Marcelo Villena, 2015. "On the Efficient Market Hypothesis of Stock Market Indexes: The Role of Non-synchronous Trading and Portfolio Effects," Papers 1510.03926, arXiv.org.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:79:y:2003:i:2:p:225-230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.