A resilience-based framework for evaluating adaptive co-management: Linking ecology, economics and society in a complex world
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Caron Chess, 2000. "Evaluating Environmental Public Participation: Methodological Questions," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 769-784.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M., 2006. "Fractal poverty traps," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Ghazala Mansuri, 2004.
"Community-Based and -Driven Development: A Critical Review,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 1-39.
- Mansuri, Ghazala & Rao, Vijayendra, 2004. "Community-based (and driven) development : A critical review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3209, The World Bank.
- Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian, 1999. "Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-247, February.
- Yandle, Tracy, 2003. "The challenge of building successful stakeholder organizations: New Zealand's experience in developing a fisheries co-management regime," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 179-192, March.
- Ison, R. L. & Maiteny, P. T. & Carr, S., 1997. "Systems methodologies for sustainable natural resources research and development," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 257-272, October.
- Tanis Frame & Thomas Gunton & J. C. Day, 2004. "The role of collaboration in environmental management: an evaluation of land and resource planning in British Columbia," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(1), pages 59-82.
- Pomeroy, Robert S & Berkes, Fikret, 1997. "Two to tango: The role of government in fisheries co-management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 465-480, September.
- Wilson, James A & Acheson, James & Kleban, Peter, 1996. "Chaos and parametric management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 429-438, September.
- Chambers, R. & Conway, G. R., 1991. "Sustainable rural livelihoods: Practical concepts for the 21st century," IWMI Books, Reports H032821, International Water Management Institute.
- Ekins, Paul & Simon, Sandrine & Deutsch, Lisa & Folke, Carl & De Groot, Rudolf, 2003. "A framework for the practical application of the concepts of critical natural capital and strong sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2-3), pages 165-185, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takasaki, Yoshito, 2016.
"Learning from disaster: community-based marine protected areas in Fiji,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 53-77, February.
- Yoshito Takasaki, 2013. "Learning from disaster: Community-based marine protected areas in Fiji," Tsukuba Economics Working Papers 2013-001, Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba.
- Sylvie FERRARI (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Sébastien LAVAUD (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113) & Jean-Christophe PEREAU (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2012.
"Critical natural capital, ecological resilience and sustainable wetland management: a French case study,"
Cahiers du GREThA
2012-08, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Sylvie Ferrari & Sébastien Lavaud & Jean-Christophe Pereau, 2012. "Critical natural capital, ecological resilience and sustainable wetland management: a french case study," Post-Print hal-00799051, HAL.
- Wood, Apanie L. & Butler, James R.A. & Sheaves, Marcus & Wani, Jacob, 2013. "Sport fisheries: Opportunities and challenges for diversifying coastal livelihoods in the Pacific," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 305-314.
- Schouten, Marleen A.H. & van der Heide, C. Martijn & Heijman, Wim J.M. & Opdam, Paul F.M., 2012. "A resilience-based policy evaluation framework: Application to European rural development policies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 165-175.
- Ferrol-Schulte, Daniella & Wolff, Matthias & Ferse, Sebastian & Glaser, Marion, 2013. "Sustainable Livelihoods Approach in tropical coastal and marine social–ecological systems: A review," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 253-258.
- Maria Cerretta & Lidia Diappi, 2014. "Adaptive Evaluations in Complex Contexts: Introduction," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(1 Suppl.), pages 5-22.
- Fischer, Anke & Wakjira, Dereje Tadesse & Weldesemaet, Yitbarek Tibebe & Ashenafi, Zelealem Tefera, 2014. "On the Interplay of Actors in the Co-Management of Natural Resources – A Dynamic Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 158-168.
- Brooks, Kate & Schirmer, Jacki & Pascoe, Sean & Triantafillos, Lianos & Jebreen, Eddie & Cannard, Toni & Dichmont, Cathy M., 2015. "Selecting and assessing social objectives for Australian fisheries management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 111-122.
- Wendy S. Merritt & Brendan Patch & V. Ratna Reddy & Geoffrey J. Syme, 2016. "Modelling livelihoods and household resilience to droughts using Bayesian networks," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 315-346, April.
- Vaughan, Mehana Blaich & Caldwell, Margaret R., 2015. "Hana Pa'a: Challenges and lessons for early phases of co-management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 51-62.
- Rasch, Sebastian & Heckelei, Thomas & Storm, Hugo & Oomen, Roelof & Naumann, Christiane, 2017. "Multi-scale resilience of a communal rangeland system in South Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 129-138.
- Franco, Daniel & LoFazio, Aurelio, 2012.
"Da governo a governance: il possibile ruolo della partecipazione
[From government to governance: the possible role of participation]," MPRA Paper 52114, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:140:y:2017:i:c:p:79-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chapman, Sarah, 2014. "A framework for monitoring social process and outcomes in environmental programs," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 45-53.
- Kampelmann, Stephan & Van Hollebeke, Sarah & Vandergert, Paula, 2016. "Stuck in the middle with you: The role of bridging organisations in urban regeneration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 82-93.
- Louis Lebel & Torsten Grothmann & Bernd Siebenhüner, 2010. "The role of social learning in adaptiveness: insights from water management," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 333-353, December.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:9:p:1506-:d:109605 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mingers, John & White, Leroy, 2010. "A review of the recent contribution of systems thinking to operational research and management science," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1147-1161, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:61:y:2007:i:1:p:62-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .