The Paretian Liberal Paradox and ecological economics
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norton, Bryan G., 1989. "Intergenerational equity and environmental decisions: A model using Rawls' veil of ignorance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 137-159, May.
- Fine, Ben, 1975. "Individual Liberalism in a Paretian Society," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1277-81, December.
- Clive L. Spash & Ian A. Simpson, 1994. "Utilitarian And Rights-Based Alternatives For Protecting Sites Of Special Scientific Interest," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 15-26.
- Arrow, Kenneth J, 1994. "Methodological Individualism and Social Knowledge," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 1-9, May.
- Peacock, Alan T & Rowley, Charles K, 1972. "Pareto Optimality and the Political Economy of Liberalism," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(3), pages 476-90, May-June.
- Howarth, Richard B & Norgaard, Richard B, 1992. "Environmental Valuation under Sustainable Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 473-77, May.
- Cowen, Tyler, 1993. "The Scope and Limits of Preference Sovereignty," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(02), pages 253-269, October.
- Sen, Amartya, 1992. "Minimal Liberty," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(234), pages 139-59, May.
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1978. "On the Consistency of Libertarian Claims," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 329-42, June.
- Sen, Amartya, 1991. "Welfare, preference and freedom," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1-2), pages 15-29, October.
- Austen-Smith, David, 1982. "Restricted pareto and rights," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 89-99, February.
- Wulf Gaerther & Prasanta K. Pattanaik & Kotaro Suzumura, 1991.
"Individual Rights Revisited,"
Discussion Paper Series
a238, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Blau, Julian H, 1975. "Liberal Values and Independence," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 395-401, July.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808, March.
- Richard B. Howarth & Richard B. Norgaard, 1990. "Intergenerational Resource Rights, Efficiency, and Social Optimality," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(1), pages 1-11.
- Norton, Bryan G., 1995. "Evaluating ecosystem states: Two competing paradigms," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 113-127, August.
- Hausman, Daniel & McPherson, Michael, 1994. "Preference, Belief, and Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 396-400, May.
- John Pezzey, 1992. "Sustainability: an interdisciplinary guide," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 1(4), pages 321-362, November.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Liberty, Unanimity and Rights," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(171), pages 217-45, August.
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1980. "Liberal paradox and the voluntary exchange of rights-exercising," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 407-422, June.
- Bromley, Daniel W., 1989. "Entitlements, missing markets, and environmental uncertainty," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 181-194, September.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1971. "The Possibility of a Paretian Liberal: Impossibility Theorems and Cardinal Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1397-1402, Nov.-Dec..
- Sen, Amartya Kumar, 1970. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal," Scholarly Articles 3612779, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Hamlin, Alan P., 1989. "Rights, Indirect Utilitarianism, and Contractarianism," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 167-188, October.
- Sugden, Robert, 1985. "Liberty, Preference, and Choice," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 213-229, October.
- Vatn Arild & Bromley Daniel W., 1994. "Choices without Prices without Apologies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 129-148, March.
- Lerner, Abba P, 1972. "The Economics and Politics of Consumer Sovereignty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(2), pages 258-66, May.
- Nagahisa, Ryo-ichi, 1989. "Rational performance and gibbard's pareto-consistent libertarian claim," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-4.
- Gibbard, Allan, 1974. "A Pareto-consistent libertarian claim," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 388-410, April.
- Dorfman, R., 1993. "On Sustainable Development," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1627, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Common, Mick & Perrings, Charles, 1992. "Towards an ecological economics of sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 7-34, July.
- Sen, Amartya, 1970. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 152-57, Jan.-Feb..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:14:y:1995:i:1:p:45-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.