On the impossibility of a generalization of the libertarian resolution of the liberal paradox
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gibbard, Allan, 1974. "A Pareto-consistent libertarian claim," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 388-410, April.
- Kevin W. S. Roberts, 1980. "Interpersonal Comparability and Social Choice Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(2), pages 421-439.
- Sen, Amartya Kumar, 1970. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal," Scholarly Articles 3612779, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Sen, Amartya, 1970. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 152-157, Jan.-Feb..
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1980. "Liberal paradox and the voluntary exchange of rights-exercising," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 407-422, June.
- M. J. Farrell, 1976. "Liberalism in the Theory of Social Choice," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(1), pages 3-10.
- Austen-Smith, David, 1982. "Restricted pareto and rights," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 89-99, February.
- Gaertner, Wulf & Kruger, Lorenz, 1981. "Self-Supporting Preferences and Individual Rights: The Possibility of Paretian Libertarianism," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(189), pages 17-28, February.
- Fine, Ben, 1975. "Individual Liberalism in a Paretian Society," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1277-1281, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ruvin Gekker, 1991. "On the impossibility of an envy-free Paretian liberal," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 75-82, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:51:y:1990:i:1:p:71-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.