Sector specific foreign investment, labour inflow, economies of scale and welfare
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wolfgang Keller, 2004. "International Technology Diffusion," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(3), pages 752-782, September.
- Lejour, Arjan & Rojas-Romagosa, Hugo & Verweij, Gerard, 2008.
"Opening services markets within Europe: Modelling foreign establishments in a CGE framework,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1022-1039, September.
- Hugo ROJAS-ROMAGOSA & Arjan LEJOUR & Gerard VERWEIJ, "undated". "Opening Services Markets within Europe: Modelling Foreign Establishments in a CGE Framework," EcoMod2008 23800117, EcoMod.
- Arjan Lejour & Hugo Rojas-Romagosa & Verweij. G., 2007. "Opening services markets within Europe; modelling foreign establishments in a CGE framework," CPB Discussion Paper 80, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Markusen, James R, 1989. "Trade in Producer Services and in Other Specialized Intermediate Inputs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 85-95, March.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 2002. "The role of the service sector in the process of industrialization," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 401-420, August.
- Salvador Barrios & Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2016.
"Foreign direct investment, competition and industrial development in the host country,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: MULTINATIONAL ENTERPRISES AND HOST COUNTRY DEVELOPMENT, chapter 18, pages 323-346
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Barrios, Salvador & Gorg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2005. "Foreign direct investment, competition and industrial development in the host country," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1761-1784, October.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & GOERG, Holger & STROBL, Eric, 2004. "Foreign direct investment, competition and industrial development in the host country," CORE Discussion Papers 2004011, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- van Marrewijk, Charles & Stibora, Joachim & de Vaal, Albert & Viaene, Jean-Marie, 1997. "Producer services, comparative advantage, and international trade patterns," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 195-220, February.
- Markusen, James R. & Strand, Bridget, 2007. "Trade in Business Services in General Equilibrium," CEPR Discussion Papers 6080, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rivera-Batiz, Francisco L. & Rivera-Batiz, Luis A., 1990. "The effects of direct foreign investment in the presence of increasing returns due to specialization," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 287-307, November.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2002. "Home and Host Country Effects of FDI," NBER Working Papers 9293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1996. "Coordination failures and government policy: A model with applications to East Asia and Eastern Europe," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 1-22, February.
- Das, Satya P., 2002. "Foreign direct investment and the relative wage in a developing economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 55-77, February.
- Van Long, Ngo & Riezman, Raymond & Soubeyran, Antoine, 2005. "Fragmentation and services," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 137-152, March.
- Yu, Chia-Feng & Chang, Ta-Cheng & Fan, Chinn-Ping, 2007. "FDI timing: Entry cost subsidy versus tax rate reduction," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 262-271, March.
- Satya Das, 2005. "Gradual globalization and inequality between and within countries," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 852-869, August.
- Venables, Anthony J., 1996. "Trade policy, cumulative causation, and industrial development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 179-197, April.
- Neary, J Peter, 1978. "Short-Run Capital Specificity and the Pure Theory of International Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 488-510, September.
- Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 1996. "The division of labor and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-32, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan & Dutta, Priya Brata, 2010. "Skilled-unskilled wage inequality, nontraded good and endogenous supply of skilled labour: A theoretical analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 923-934, September.
- Li Sheng, 2012. "Rethinking the impacts of foreign investors on urban development: the city of Macao," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(1), pages 73-86, August.
- Pi, Jiancai & Zhou, Yu & Yin, Jun, 2013. "International factor mobility, monopolistic competition, and wage inequality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 326-332.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign investment Economies of scale Welfare;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:26:y:2009:i:3:p:626-630. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.