Mexican bilateral trade and the J-curve: An application of the nonlinear ARDL model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rose, Andrew K. & Yellen, Janet L., 1989. "Is there a J-curve?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 53-68, July.
- Delatte, Anne-Laure & López-Villavicencio, Antonia, 2012.
"Asymmetric exchange rate pass-through: Evidence from major countries,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 833-844.
- Anne-Laure Delatte & Antonia Lòpez-Villavicencio, 2012. "Asymmetric exchange rate pass-through: Evidence from major countries," Post-Print hal-00779761, HAL.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Hadise Fariditavana, 2016.
"Nonlinear ARDL Approach and the J-Curve Phenomenon,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 51-70, February.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Hadise Fariditavana, 2016. "Nonlinear ARDL Approach and the J-Curve Phenomenon," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 51-70, February.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Artatrana Ratha, 2004. "The J-Curve: a literature review," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(13), pages 1377-1398.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Hock Tsen Wong, 2013. "Real exchange rate misalignment and economic growth in Malaysia," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 298-313, May.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, 1985. "Devaluation and the J-Curve: Some Evidence from LDCs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 500-504, August.
- Massomeh Hajilee & Omar Al Nasser, 2014. "Exchange rate volatility and stock market development in emerging economies," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 163-180.
- Shyh-Wei Chen & Tzu-Chun Chen, 2012. "Untangling the non-linear causal nexus between exchange rates and stock prices: New evidence from the OECD countries," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(2), pages 231-259, May.
- Stephen P. Magee, 1973. "Currency Contracts, Pass-Through, and Devaluation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(1), pages 303-325.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Miller, Stephen M., 2006.
"Consumption asymmetry and the stock market: Empirical evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 337-342, December.
- Nicholas Apergis & Stephen M. Miller, 2004. "Consumption Asymmetry and the Stock Market: Empirical Evidence," Working papers 2004-43, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2006.
- Hassan Mohammadi & Murat Cak & Demet Cak, 2008. "Wagner's hypothesis: New evidence from Turkey using the bounds testing approach," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(1), pages 94-106, January.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Scott Hegerty, 2011. "The J-curve and NAFTA: evidence from commodity trade between the US and Mexico," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(13), pages 1579-1593.
- Koi Nyen Wong & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2008. "The effects of exchange rate variability on Malaysia's disaggregated electrical exports," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(2), pages 154-169, May.
- Ferda Halicioglu, 2007. "The J-curve dynamics of Turkish bilateral trade: a cointegration approach," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 103-119, May.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Seema Narayan & Biman Chand Prasad & Arti Prasad, 2007. "Export-led growth hypothesis: evidence from Papua New Guinea and Fiji," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(4), pages 341-351, September.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Scott W. Hegerty, 2010. "The J- and S-curves: a survey of the recent literature," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(6), pages 580-596, November.
- James E. Payne, 2008. "Inflation and inflation uncertainty: evidence from the Caribbean region," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(6), pages 501-511, October.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Zohre Ardalani, 2006. "Exchange Rate Sensitivity of U.S. Trade Flows: Evidence from Industry Data," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 542-559, January.
- Tuck Cheong Tang, 2007. "Money demand function for Southeast Asian countries: An empirical view from expenditure components," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(6), pages 476-496, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- HALICIOGLU, Ferda & Ketenci, Natalya, 2017. "Testing the Productivity Bias Hypothesis in Middle East Countries," MPRA Paper 83528, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panagodage Janaka Sampath Fernando & Hasthimuni Nadeeka De Silva & Athula Naranpanawa & Chandika Gunasinghe, 2017. "Revisiting the debt-growth nexus: Empirical evidence from Sri Lanka," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201706, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Ferda, HALICIOGLU & Kasim, EREN, 2013.
"Testing Twin Deficits and Saving-Investment Nexus in Turkey,"
50098, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- HALICIOGLU, Ferda & EREN, Kasim, 2017. "Testing Twin Deficits and Saving-Investment Nexus in Turkey," MPRA Paper 83529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00238 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:35:y:2017:i:3:p:472-483 is not listed on IDEAS
- Obeng, Camara Kwasi, 2017. "Is the effect of exchange rate volatility on export diversification symmetric or asymmetric? Evidence from Ghana," MPRA Paper 79027, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:econpa:v:36:y:2017:i:2:p:198-222 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsJ-curve non-linear ARDL approach; Asymmetric effects; Bilateral trade balance; Mexico;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecanpo:v:50:y:2016:i:c:p:23-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/economic-analysis-and-policy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.