Optimal intertemporal consumption decisions under the threat of starvation
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Vasilakis, Chrysovalantis, 2011.
"Fighting poverty and child malnutrition: on the design of foreign aid policies,"
30066, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chrysovalantis VASILAKIS, 2011. "Fighting poverty and child malnutrition: on the design of foreign aid policies," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011030, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Radhika Lahiri & Elizabeth Richardson, 2008. "Public and Private Expenditures on Health in the Presence of Inequality and Endogenous Mortality: A Political Economy Perspective," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 240, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology, revised 15 Dec 2008.
- Martin Ravallion, 1997. "Famines and Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1205-1242, September.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Famines and economics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1693, The World Bank.
- Myers, Robert J., 2006. "On the costs of food price fluctuations in low-income countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 288-301, August.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & McPeak, John G., 2003. "Poverty Traps and Safety Nets," Working Papers 127808, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Sandra Freire, 2004. "Funeral Costs, Saving Behaviour and HIV/AIDS," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques bla04092, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Moresi, Serge, 1999. "Uncertain lifetime, risk aversion and intertemporal substitution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 207-212, February.
- Sattinger, Michael, 2011. "The Markov consumption problem," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(4-5), pages 409-416.
- Michael Sattinger, 2010. "The Markov Consumption Problem," Discussion Papers 10-02, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Michael Sattinger, 2010. "The Markov Consumption Problem," Discussion Papers 10-03, University at Albany, SUNY, Department of Economics.
- Sattinger, Michael, 2013. "Safety first consumption," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 306-321.
- Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Carter, Michael R., 2003. "Asset smoothing, consumption smoothing and the reproduction of inequality under risk and subsistence constraints," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 233-260, August.
- Frederic Zimmerman & MICHAEL R. CARTER, "undated". "Asset Smoothing, Consumption Smoothing and the Reproduction for Inequality under Risk and Subsistence Constraints," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 402, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Ziv Chinzara & Radhika Lahiri, 2012. "Economic growth and inequality patterns in the presence of costly technology adoption and uncertainty," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 280, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Mazbahul Ahamad & Rezai Khondker & Zahir Ahmed & Fahian Tanin, 2013. "Seasonal food insecurity in Bangladesh: evidences from northern areas," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 18(7), pages 1077-1088, October.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul, 2013. "On the microeconomics of food and malnutrition under endogenous discounting," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 80-96.
- Rose, Donald & Gunderson, Craig & Oliveira, Victor, 1998. "Socio-Economic Determinants of Food Insecurity in the United States: Evidence from the SIPP and CSFII Datasets," Technical Bulletins 184377, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul, 2000. "The microeconomics of food security," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(1), March.
- Tilman Bruck, "undated". "Determinants of Rural Poverty in Post-War Mozambique: Evidence from a Household Survey and Implications for Government and Donor Policy," QEH Working Papers qehwps67, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:42:y:1993:i:2:p:271-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed