A consistent method of estimation for the three-parameter Weibull distribution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Balakrishnan, N. & Kateri, M., 2008. "On the maximum likelihood estimation of parameters of Weibull distribution based on complete and censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(17), pages 2971-2975, December.
- Jukic, Dragan & Bensic, Mirta & Scitovski, Rudolf, 2008. "On the existence of the nonlinear weighted least squares estimate for a three-parameter Weibull distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(9), pages 4502-4511, May.
- Peter Hall & Julian Z. Wang, 2005. "Bayesian likelihood methods for estimating the end point of a distribution," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 67(5), pages 717-729.
- Castillo, Enrique & Hadi, Ali S., 1995. "A method for estimating parameters and quantiles of distributions of continuous random variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 421-439, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hannig, Jan & Lai, Randy C.S. & Lee, Thomas C.M., 2014. "Computational issues of generalized fiducial inference," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 849-858.
- Santosh B. Rane & Yahya A. M. Narvel, 2016. "Reliability assessment and improvement of air circuit breaker (ACB) mechanism by identifying and eliminating the root causes," International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, Springer;The Society for Reliability, Engineering Quality and Operations Management (SREQOM),India, and Division of Operation and Maintenance, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, vol. 7(1), pages 305-321, December.
- repec:spr:ijsaem:v:8:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s13198-017-0678-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:251:y:2015:i:c:p:211-224 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:268:y:2015:i:c:p:201-226 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsWeibull distribution; Maximum likelihood estimation; Consistency; Existence; Uniqueness; Bias; Mean squared error;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:58:y:2013:i:c:p:210-226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.