Adaptive LASSO for general transformation models with right censored data
In this paper, we consider variable selection for general transformation models with right censored data and propose a unified procedure for both variable selection and estimation. We conduct the proposed procedure by maximizing penalized log-marginal likelihood function with Adaptive LASSO penalty (ALASSO) on regression coefficients. Two main advantages of this procedure are as follows: (i) the penalties can be assigned to regression coefficients adaptively by data according to the importance of corresponding covariates; (ii) it is free of baseline survival function and censoring distribution. Under some regular conditions, we show that the penalized estimates with ALASSO are n-consistent and enjoy oracle properties. Some simulation examples and Primary Biliary Cirrhosis Data application illustrate that our proposed procedure works very well for moderate sample size.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 56 (2012)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansheng Wang & Runze Li & Chih-Ling Tsai, 2007. "Tuning parameter selectors for the smoothly clipped absolute deviation method," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 553-568.
- Hao Helen Zhang & Wenbin Lu, 2007. "Adaptive Lasso for Cox's proportional hazards model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 691-703.
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Wang, Hansheng & Leng, Chenlei, 2007. "Unified LASSO Estimation by Least Squares Approximation," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 1039-1048, September.
- Anestis Antoniadis & Piotr Fryzlewicz & FrÃ©dÃ©rique LetuÃ©, 2010. "The Dantzig selector in Cox's proportional hazards model," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 30992, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Anestis Antoniadis & Piotr Fryzlewicz & Frédérique Letué, 2010. "The Dantzig Selector in Cox's Proportional Hazards Model," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 37(4), pages 531-552.
- Zhang, Hao Helen & Lu, Wenbin & Wang, Hansheng, 2010. "On sparse estimation for semiparametric linear transformation models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1594-1606, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:56:y:2012:i:8:p:2583-2597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.