Variable selection in the additive rate model for recurrent event data
In this paper, we investigate the variable selection problem for recurrent event data under the additive rate model. According to the explicit estimator of the regression coefficients of the additive rate model, a loss function is constructed. It has a form similar to the ordinary least squares of a linear regression model up to a constant. We develop variable selection procedures by penalizing the loss function with the adaptive L1 penalty and smoothly clipped absolute derivation penalty, respectively. Under some mild regularity conditions, the oracle properties of both procedures are established. Extensive simulation studies are conducted to examine the performance of our proposed procedures in finite samples. Finally, these methods are applied to the well-known chronic granulomatous disease study.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hao Helen Zhang & Wenbin Lu, 2007. "Adaptive Lasso for Cox's proportional hazards model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 691-703.
- Torben Martinussen & Thomas H. Scheike, 2009. "Covariate Selection for the Semiparametric Additive Risk Model," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 36(4), pages 602-619.
- Leiva, Victor & Barros, Michelli & Paula, Gilberto A. & Galea, Manuel, 2007. "Influence diagnostics in log-Birnbaum-Saunders regression models with censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 5694-5707, August.
- D. Y. Lin & L. J. Wei & I. Yang & Z. Ying, 2000. "Semiparametric regression for the mean and rate functions of recurrent events," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(4), pages 711-730.
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Li, Jianbo & Gu, Minggao, 2012. "Adaptive LASSO for general transformation models with right censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(8), pages 2583-2597.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:57:y:2013:i:1:p:491-503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.