Fast computation of high-dimensional multivariate normal probabilities
A new efficient method is proposed to compute multivariate normal probabilities over rectangles in high dimensions. The method exploits four variance reduction techniques: conditional Monte Carlo, importance sampling, splitting and control variates. Simulation results are presented that evaluate the performance of the new proposed method. The new method is designed for computing small exceedance probabilities.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vijverberg, Wim P. M., 1997. "Monte Carlo evaluation of multivariate normal probabilities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 281-307.
- D. Y. Lin & L. J. Wei & Z. Ying, 2002. "Model-Checking Techniques Based on Cumulative Residuals," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 1-12, 03.
- Sandor, Zsolt & Andras, P.Peter, 2004. "Alternative sampling methods for estimating multivariate normal probabilities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 207-234, June.
- Wang, Morgan & Kennedy, W. J., 1992. "A numerical method for accurately approximating multivariate normal probabilities," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 197-210, March.
- Tetsuhisa Miwa & A. J. Hayter & Satoshi Kuriki, 2003. "The evaluation of general non-centred orthant probabilities," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 65(1), pages 223-234.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:55:y:2011:i:4:p:1521-1529. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.