Detecting influential observations in Kernel PCA
Kernel Principal Component Analysis extends linear PCA from a Euclidean space to any reproducing kernel Hilbert space. Robustness issues for Kernel PCA are studied. The sensitivity of Kernel PCA to individual observations is characterized by calculating the influence function. A robust Kernel PCA method is proposed by incorporating kernels in the Spherical PCA algorithm. Using the scores from Spherical Kernel PCA, a graphical diagnostic is proposed to detect points that are influential for ordinary Kernel PCA.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hubert, Mia & Rousseeuw, Peter & Verdonck, Tim, 2009. "Robust PCA for skewed data and its outlier map," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2264-2274, April.
- Serneels, Sven & Verdonck, Tim, 2008. "Principal component analysis for data containing outliers and missing elements," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 1712-1727, January.
- N. Locantore & J. Marron & D. Simpson & N. Tripoli & J. Zhang & K. Cohen & Graciela Boente & Ricardo Fraiman & Babette Brumback & Christophe Croux & Jianqing Fan & Alois Kneip & John Marden & Daniel P, 1999. "Robust principal component analysis for functional data," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 1-73, June.
- Croux, Christophe & Ruiz-Gazen, Anne, 2005. "High breakdown estimators for principal components: the projection-pursuit approach revisited," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 206-226, July.
- Chen, Tao & Martin, Elaine & Montague, Gary, 2009. "Robust probabilistic PCA with missing data and contribution analysis for outlier detection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(10), pages 3706-3716, August.
- Marden, John I., 1999. "Some robust estimates of principal components," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 349-359, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:54:y:2010:i:12:p:3007-3019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.