Detecting influential observations in Kernel PCA
Kernel Principal Component Analysis extends linear PCA from a Euclidean space to any reproducing kernel Hilbert space. Robustness issues for Kernel PCA are studied. The sensitivity of Kernel PCA to individual observations is characterized by calculating the influence function. A robust Kernel PCA method is proposed by incorporating kernels in the Spherical PCA algorithm. Using the scores from Spherical Kernel PCA, a graphical diagnostic is proposed to detect points that are influential for ordinary Kernel PCA.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Croux, Christophe & Ruiz-Gazen, Anne, 2005. "High breakdown estimators for principal components: the projection-pursuit approach revisited," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 206-226, July.
- Serneels, Sven & Verdonck, Tim, 2008. "Principal component analysis for data containing outliers and missing elements," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 1712-1727, January.
- Marden, John I., 1999. "Some robust estimates of principal components," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 349-359, July.
- Chen, Tao & Martin, Elaine & Montague, Gary, 2009. "Robust probabilistic PCA with missing data and contribution analysis for outlier detection," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(10), pages 3706-3716, August.
- N. Locantore & J. Marron & D. Simpson & N. Tripoli & J. Zhang & K. Cohen & Graciela Boente & Ricardo Fraiman & Babette Brumback & Christophe Croux & Jianqing Fan & Alois Kneip & John Marden & Daniel P, 1999. "Robust principal component analysis for functional data," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 1-73, June.
- Hubert, Mia & Rousseeuw, Peter & Verdonck, Tim, 2009. "Robust PCA for skewed data and its outlier map," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2264-2274, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:54:y:2010:i:12:p:3007-3019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.