Approximation of multiple integrals over hyperboloids with application to a quadratic portfolio with options
An application involving a financial quadratic portfolio, where the joint underlying log-returns follow a multivariate elliptic distribution, is considered. This motivates the need for methods for the approximation of multiple integrals over hyperboloids. Transformations are used to reduce the hyperboloid integrals to products of integrals which can be approximated with appropriate numerical methods. The application of these methods is demonstrated using some financial applications examples.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-50, July.
- Paul Glasserman & Philip Heidelberger & Perwez Shahabuddin, 2002. "Portfolio Value-at-Risk with Heavy-Tailed Risk Factors," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 239-269.
- Lu, Zeng-Hua, 2006. "The numerical evaluation of the probability density function of a quadratic form in normal variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 1986-1996, December.
- Pelletier, Denis, 2006.
"Regime switching for dynamic correlations,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 445-473.
- Denis Pelletier, 2004. "Regime Switching for Dynamic Correlations," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 230, Econometric Society.
- Jules Sadefo Kamdem, 2012. "VaR and ES for linear portfolios with mixture of generalized Laplace distributions risk factors," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 123-150, February.
- Carvalho, Carlos M. & Lopes, Hedibert F., 2007. "Simulation-based sequential analysis of Markov switching stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4526-4542, May.
- Jun Pan & Darrell Duffie, 2001. "Analytical value-at-risk with jumps and credit risk," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 155-180.
- Raymond BRUMMELHUIS & Jules Sadefo-Kamdem, 2009. "Var For Quadratic Portfolio'S With Generalized Laplace Distributed Returns," Working Papers 09-06, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Jun 2009.
- Jules Sadefo Kamdem, 2005. "Value-At-Risk And Expected Shortfall For Linear Portfolios With Elliptically Distributed Risk Factors," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(05), pages 537-551.
- R. Brummelhuis & A. Cãrdoba & M. Quintanilla & L. Seco, 2002. "Principal Component Value at Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 23-43.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:52:y:2008:i:7:p:3389-3407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.