Robust optimal decisions with imprecise forecasts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gulpinar, Nalan & Rustem, Berc & Settergren, Reuben, 2004. "Simulation and optimization approaches to scenario tree generation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1291-1315, April.
- M. J. Lawrence & R. H. Edmundson & M. J. O'Connor, 1986. "The Accuracy of Combining Judgemental and Statistical Forecasts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(12), pages 1521-1532, December.
- Rustem, Berc, 1994. "Stochastic and robust control of nonlinear economic systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 304-318, March.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Esteban-Bravo, Mercedes & Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2007. "Worst-case estimation for econometric models with unobservable components," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 3330-3354, April.
- Howe, M A & Rustem, B & Selby, M J P, 1994. "Minimax Hedging Strategy," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 7(4), pages 245-275.
- Audrino, Francesco, 2006. "The impact of general non-parametric volatility functions in multivariate GARCH models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(11), pages 3032-3052, July.
- Dert, Cees & Oldenkamp, Bart, 1997. "Optimal guaranteed return portfolios and the casino effect," Serie Research Memoranda 0025, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Schmidt, Karsten, 1993. "On the performance of minimax estimators in linear regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 455-468, October.
- Howe, M. A. & Rustem, B., 1997. "A robust hedging algorithm," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1065-1092, June.
- Spyros Makridakis & Robert L. Winkler, 1983. "Averages of Forecasts: Some Empirical Results," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(9), pages 987-996, September.
- Khan, B.U. & Ahmed, S.E., 2006. "Comparisons of improved risk estimators of the multivariate mean vector," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 402-421, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gülpınar, Nalan & Pachamanova, Dessislava & Çanakoğlu, Ethem, 2013. "Robust strategies for facility location under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(1), pages 21-35.
- He, Zhen & Zhu, Peng-Fei & Park, Sung-Hyun, 2012. "A robust desirability function method for multi-response surface optimization considering model uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 241-247.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:51:y:2007:i:7:p:3595-3611. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.