Climate protection and China’s energy security: Win–win or tradeoff
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bambawale, Malavika Jain & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2011. "China's energy security: The perspective of energy users," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(5), pages 1949-1956, May.
- Chalvatzis, Konstantinos J. & Hooper, Elizabeth, 2009. "Energy security vs. climate change: Theoretical framework development and experience in selected EU electricity markets," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2703-2709, December.
- World Bank, 2010. "World Bank Research Digest, Vol. 4(2)," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20969, The World Bank.
- Cao, Xia, 2003. "Climate change and energy development: implications for developing countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 61-67.
- World Bank, 2010. "World Bank Research Digest, Vol. 4(3)," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20968, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2010. "Cost-Benefit Analysis in World Bank Projects," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10481, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2010. "World Bank Research Digest, Vol. 4(4)," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20967, The World Bank.
- Brown, Stephen P.A. & Huntington, Hillard G., 2008. "Energy security and climate change protection: Complementarity or tradeoff?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3510-3513, September.
- Huntington, Hillard G. & Brown, Stephen P. A., 2004. "Energy security and global climate change mitigation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 715-718, April.
- Takeshita, Takayuki, 2009. "A strategy for introducing modern bioenergy into developing Asia to avoid dangerous climate change," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 222-232, November.
- Mathiesen, Brian Vad & Lund, Henrik & Karlsson, Kenneth, 2011. "100% Renewable energy systems, climate mitigation and economic growth," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 488-501, February.
- World Bank, 2010. "The World Bank Annual Report 2010," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 5906, December.
- Matsumoto, Naoko & Sano, Daisuke & Elder, Mark, 2009. "Biofuel initiatives in Japan: Strategies, policies, and future potential," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 69-76, November.
- Turton, Hal & Barreto, Leonardo, 2006. "Long-term security of energy supply and climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2232-2250, October.
- Li, Y.P. & Huang, G.H. & Chen, X., 2011. "Planning regional energy system in association with greenhouse gas mitigation under uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 599-611, March.
- World Bank, 2010. "World Bank Research Digest, Vol. 5(1)," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20966, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ang, B.W. & Choong, W.L. & Ng, T.S., 2015. "A framework for evaluating Singapore’s energy security," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 314-325.
- Gracceva, Francesco & Zeniewski, Peter, 2014. "A systemic approach to assessing energy security in a low-carbon EU energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 335-348.
- Wang, Bing & Wang, Qian & Wei, Yi-Ming & Li, Zhi-Ping, 2018. "Role of renewable energy in China’s energy security and climate change mitigation: An index decomposition analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 187-194.
- Kim, Jinsoo & Kim, Jihyo, 2015. "Korean public’s perceptions on supply security of fossil fuels: A contingent valuation analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 301-309.
- Zhang, Long & Yu, Jing & Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Ren, Jingzheng, 2017. "Measuring energy security performance within China: Toward an inter-provincial prospective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 825-836.
- Erahman, Qodri Febrilian & Purwanto, Widodo Wahyu & Sudibandriyo, Mahmud & Hidayatno, Akhmad, 2016. "An assessment of Indonesia's energy security index and comparison with seventy countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 364-376.
- Song, Yan & Zhang, Ming & Sun, Ruifeng, 2019. "Using a new aggregated indicator to evaluate China's energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 167-174.
- Månsson, André & Johansson, Bengt & Nilsson, Lars J., 2014. "Assessing energy security: An overview of commonly used methodologies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1-14.
- Debin Fang & Shanshan Shi & Qian Yu, 2018. "Evaluation of Sustainable Energy Security and an Empirical Analysis of China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-23, May.
- Narula, Kapil & Reddy, B. Sudhakara, 2016. "A SES (sustainable energy security) index for developing countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 326-343.
- Gouveia, João Pedro & Dias, Luís & Martins, Inês & Seixas, Júlia, 2014. "Effects of renewables penetration on the security of Portuguese electricity supply," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 438-447.
- Francesch-Huidobro, Maria, 2016. "Climate change and energy policies in Shanghai: A multilevel governance perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 45-56.
- Patrick Gasser & Marco Cinelli & Anna Labijak & Matteo Spada & Peter Burgherr & Miłosz Kadziński & Božidar Stojadinović, 2020. "Quantifying Electricity Supply Resilience of Countries with Robust Efficiency Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(7), pages 1-35, March.
- Mengfei Jiang & Xi Liang & David Reiner & Boqiang Lin & Maosheng Duan, 2018.
"Stakeholder Views on Interactions between Low-carbon Policies and Carbon Markets in China: Lessons from the Guangdong ETS,"
EPRG 1805, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Jiang, M. & Liang, X. & Reiner, D. & Lin, B., 2018. "Stakeholder Views on Interactions between Low-carbon Policies and Carbon Markets in China: Lessons from the Guangdong ETS," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1811, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Asian Development Bank Institute, 2017. "A Region at Risk: The Human Dimensions of Climate Change in Asia and the Pacific," Working Papers id:11878, eSocialSciences.
- Cai, Jialiang & Yin, He & Varis, Olli, 2016. "Impacts of industrial transition on water use intensity and energy-related carbon intensity in China: A spatio-temporal analysis during 2003–2012," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 1112-1122.
- Abdelrahman Azzuni & Christian Breyer, 2020. "Global Energy Security Index and Its Application on National Level," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-49, May.
- Lu, Hongfang & Xu, FengYing & Liu, Hongxiao & Wang, Jun & Campbell, Daniel E. & Ren, Hai, 2019. "Emergy-based analysis of the energy security of China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 181(C), pages 123-135.
- Mu Li & Li Li & Wadim Strielkowski, 2019. "The Impact of Urbanization and Industrialization on Energy Security: A Case Study of China," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(11), pages 1-22, June.
- Aleksei V. Bogoviz & Yulia V. Ragulina & Svetlana V. Lobova & Alexander N. Alekseev, 2019. "A quantitative Analysis of Energy Security Performance by Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa in 1990-2015," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 9(3), pages 244-250.
- Ang, B.W. & Choong, W.L. & Ng, T.S., 2015. "Energy security: Definitions, dimensions and indexes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1077-1093.
- Chong, W.T. & Fazlizan, A. & Poh, S.C. & Pan, K.C. & Hew, W.P. & Hsiao, F.B., 2013. "The design, simulation and testing of an urban vertical axis wind turbine with the omni-direction-guide-vane," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 601-609.
- Shoki Kosai & Chia Kwang Tan & Eiji Yamasue, 2018. "Evaluating Power Reliability Dedicated for Sudden Disruptions: Its Application to Determine Capacity on the Basis of Energy Security," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-18, June.
- Ren, Jingzheng & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2014. "Quantifying, measuring, and strategizing energy security: Determining the most meaningful dimensions and metrics," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 838-849.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy security; Climate change protection; Energy security evaluation indicator; Energy security index;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:97:y:2012:i:c:p:157-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.