Submerged finned heat exchanger latent heat storage design and its experimental verification
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Medrano, M. & Yilmaz, M.O. & Nogués, M. & Martorell, I. & Roca, Joan & Cabeza, Luisa F., 2009. "Experimental evaluation of commercial heat exchangers for use as PCM thermal storage systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2047-2055, October.
- Regin, A. Felix & Solanki, S.C. & Saini, J.S., 2008. "Heat transfer characteristics of thermal energy storage system using PCM capsules: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 2438-2458, December.
- He, Bo & Martin, Viktoria & Setterwall, Fredrik, 2004. "Phase transition temperature ranges and storage density of paraffin wax phase change materials," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1785-1804.
- Wang, Weilong & Yang, Xiaoxi & Fang, Yutang & Ding, Jing & Yan, Jinyue, 2009. "Preparation and thermal properties of polyethylene glycol/expanded graphite blends for energy storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1479-1483, September.
- Tyagi, Vineet Veer & Buddhi, D., 2007. "PCM thermal storage in buildings: A state of art," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 1146-1166, August.
- Sharma, Atul & Tyagi, V.V. & Chen, C.R. & Buddhi, D., 2009. "Review on thermal energy storage with phase change materials and applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 318-345, February.
- Wang, Weilong & Yang, Xiaoxi & Fang, Yutang & Ding, Jing & Yan, Jinyue, 2009. "Enhanced thermal conductivity and thermal performance of form-stable composite phase change materials by using [beta]-Aluminum nitride," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(7-8), pages 1196-1200, July.
- Lamberg, Piia, 2004. "Approximate analytical model for two-phase solidification problem in a finned phase-change material storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 131-152, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Xiaolin & Dennis, Mike, 2016. "Characterisation of thermal properties and charging performance of semi-clathrate hydrates for cold storage applications," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 59-69.
- Solé, Aran & Miró, Laia & Barreneche, Camila & Martorell, Ingrid & Cabeza, Luisa F., 2013. "Review of the T-history method to determine thermophysical properties of phase change materials (PCM)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 425-436.
- Liu, Zhenyu & Yao, Yuanpeng & Wu, Huiying, 2013. "Numerical modeling for solid–liquid phase change phenomena in porous media: Shell-and-tube type latent heat thermal energy storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1222-1232.
- Dannemand, Mark & Johansen, Jakob Berg & Kong, Weiqiang & Furbo, Simon, 2016. "Experimental investigations on cylindrical latent heat storage units with sodium acetate trihydrate composites utilizing supercooling," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 591-601.
- Gunasekara, Saman Nimali & Pan, Ruijun & Chiu, Justin Ningwei & Martin, Viktoria, 2016. "Polyols as phase change materials for surplus thermal energy storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 1439-1452.
- Guelpa, Elisa & Sciacovelli, Adriano & Verda, Vittorio, 2013. "Entropy generation analysis for the design improvement of a latent heat storage system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 128-138.
- Ramadan, M. & Khaled, M. & El Hage, H. & Harambat, F. & Peerhossaini, H., 2016. "Effect of air temperature non-uniformity on water–air heat exchanger thermal performance – Toward innovative control approach for energy consumption reduction," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 481-493.
- Yang, Jialin & Yang, Lijun & Xu, Chao & Du, Xiaoze, 2016. "Experimental study on enhancement of thermal energy storage with phase-change material," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 164-176.
- Tay, N.H.S. & Belusko, M. & Castell, A. & Cabeza, L.F. & Bruno, F., 2014. "An effectiveness-NTU technique for characterising a finned tubes PCM system using a CFD model," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 377-385.
- Pointner, Harald & Steinmann, Wolf-Dieter, 2016. "Experimental demonstration of an active latent heat storage concept," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 661-671.
- Shon, Jungwook & Kim, Hyungik & Lee, Kihyung, 2014. "Improved heat storage rate for an automobile coolant waste heat recovery system using phase-change material in a fin–tube heat exchanger," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 680-689.
- Longeon, Martin & Soupart, Adèle & Fourmigué, Jean-François & Bruch, Arnaud & Marty, Philippe, 2013. "Experimental and numerical study of annular PCM storage in the presence of natural convection," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 175-184.
- Chiu, Justin N.W. & Martin, Viktoria, 2013. "Multistage latent heat cold thermal energy storage design analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1438-1445.
- repec:eee:appene:v:205:y:2017:i:c:p:1447-1458 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sciacovelli, A. & Gagliardi, F. & Verda, V., 2015. "Maximization of performance of a PCM latent heat storage system with innovative fins," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 707-715.
- Chiu, J.NW. & Castro Flores, J. & Martin, V. & Lacarrière, B., 2016. "Industrial surplus heat transportation for use in district heating," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 139-147.
More about this item
KeywordsFinned heat exchanger; Phase change material; T-history; Thermal energy storage; Modeling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:93:y:2012:i:c:p:507-516. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .