Impact of roof integrated PV orientation on the residential electricity peak demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kumar, Rakesh & Rosen, Marc A., 2011. "A critical review of photovoltaic–thermal solar collectors for air heating," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3603-3614.
- Chow, T.T., 2010. "A review on photovoltaic/thermal hybrid solar technology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 365-379, February.
- Mondol, Jayanta Deb & Yohanis, Yigzaw G & Norton, Brian, 2009. "Optimising the economic viability of grid-connected photovoltaic systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(7-8), pages 985-999, July.
- Zogou, Olympia & Stapountzis, Herricos, 2011. "Energy analysis of an improved concept of integrated PV panels in an office building in central Greece," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 853-866, March.
- Hasnain, Syed Mahmood & Alabbadi, Naif Mohammed, 2000. "Need for thermal-storage air-conditioning in Saudi Arabia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 65(1-4), pages 153-164, April.
- Geller, Howard & Harrington, Philip & Rosenfeld, Arthur H. & Tanishima, Satoshi & Unander, Fridtjof, 2006. "Polices for increasing energy efficiency: Thirty years of experience in OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 556-573, March.
- Ashok, S. & Banerjee, R., 2003. "Optimal cool storage capacity for load management," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 115-126.
- Zhou, Guobing & Yang, Yongping & Xu, Hong, 2011. "Performance of shape-stabilized phase change material wallboard with periodical outside heat flux waves," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 2113-2121, June.
- Lam, Joseph C. & Tsang, C.L. & Li, Danny H.W. & Cheung, S.O., 2005. "Residential building envelope heat gain and cooling energy requirements," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 933-951.
- Tiwari, G.N. & Mishra, R.K. & Solanki, S.C., 2011. "Photovoltaic modules and their applications: A review on thermal modelling," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(7), pages 2287-2304, July.
- Sadineni, Suresh B. & France, Todd M. & Boehm, Robert F., 2011. "Economic feasibility of energy efficiency measures in residential buildings," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2925-2931.
- Florides, G. A. & Tassou, S. A. & Kalogirou, S. A. & Wrobel, L. C., 2002. "Measures used to lower building energy consumption and their cost effectiveness," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(3-4), pages 299-328, November.
- Gieseler, U.D.J. & Heidt, F.D. & Bier, W., 2004. "Evaluation of the cost efficiency of an energy efficient building," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 369-376.
- Leckner, Mitchell & Zmeureanu, Radu, 2011. "Life cycle cost and energy analysis of a Net Zero Energy House with solar combisystem," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 232-241, January.
- Li, D.H.W. & Lam, J.C. & Wong, S.L., 2005. "Daylighting and its effects on peak load determination," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1817-1831.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eke, Rustu & Senturk, Ali, 2013. "Monitoring the performance of single and triple junction amorphous silicon modules in two building integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) installations," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 154-162.
- Lim, Jae-Han & Song, Jin-Hee & Song, Seung-Yeong, 2014. "Development of operational guidelines for thermally activated building system according to heating and cooling load characteristics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 123-135.
- Mulcué-Nieto, Luis Fernando & Mora-López, Llanos, 2015. "Methodology to establish the permitted maximum losses due to shading and orientation in photovoltaic applications in buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 37-45.
- Richardson, David B. & Harvey, L.D.D., 2015. "Strategies for correlating solar PV array production with electricity demand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 432-440.
- Deetjen, Thomas A. & Garrison, Jared B. & Rhodes, Joshua D. & Webber, Michael E., 2016. "Solar PV integration cost variation due to array orientation and geographic location in the Electric Reliability Council of Texas," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 607-616.
- Sun, Honghang & Zhi, Qiang & Wang, Yibo & Yao, Qiang & Su, Jun, 2014. "China’s solar photovoltaic industry development: The status quo, problems and approaches," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 221-230.
- Janko, Samantha A. & Arnold, Michael R. & Johnson, Nathan G., 2016. "Implications of high-penetration renewables for ratepayers and utilities in the residential solar photovoltaic (PV) market," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 37-51.
- Connelly, Karen & Wu, Yupeng & Chen, Jun & Lei, Yu, 2016. "Design and development of a reflective membrane for a novel Building Integrated Concentrating Photovoltaic (BICPV) ‘Smart Window’ system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 331-339.
More about this item
KeywordsPV orientation; Building energy; Peak electric demand; Energy efficient buildings; Peak saving; Energy efficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:92:y:2012:i:c:p:204-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.