A new HBMO algorithm for multiobjective daily Volt/Var control in distribution systems considering Distributed Generators
In recent years, Distributed Generators (DGs) connected to the distribution network have received increasing attention. The connection of enormous DGs into existing distribution network changes the operation of distribution systems. Because of the small X/R ratio and radial structure of distribution systems, DGs affect the daily Volt/Var control. This paper presents a new algorithm for multiobjective daily Volt/Var control in distribution systems including Distributed Generators (DGs). The objectives are costs of energy generation by DGs and distribution companies, electrical energy losses and the voltage deviations for the next day. A new optimization algorithm based on a Chaotic Improved Honey Bee Mating Optimization (CIHBMO) is proposed to determine the active power values of DGs, reactive power values of capacitors and tap positions of transformers for the next day. Since objectives are not the same, a fuzzy system is used to calculate the best solution. The plausibility of the proposed algorithm is demonstrated and its performance is compared with other methods on a 69-bus distribution feeder. Simulation results illustrate that the proposed algorithm has better outperforms the other algorithms.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 88 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Niknam, Taher & Firouzi, Bahman Bahmani, 2009. "A practical algorithm for distribution state estimation including renewable energy sources," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2309-2316.
- Hartikainen, Teemu & Mikkonen, Risto & Lehtonen, Jorma, 2007. "Environmental advantages of superconducting devices in distributed electricity-generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 29-38, January.
- Bakos, G.C., 2009. "Distributed power generation: A case study of small scale PV power plant in Greece," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1757-1766, September.
- Ren, Hongbo & Zhou, Weisheng & Nakagami, Ken'ichi & Gao, Weijun & Wu, Qiong, 2010. "Multi-objective optimization for the operation of distributed energy systems considering economic and environmental aspects," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 3642-3651, December.
- Zhou, Wei & Lou, Chengzhi & Li, Zhongshi & Lu, Lin & Yang, Hongxing, 2010. "Current status of research on optimum sizing of stand-alone hybrid solar-wind power generation systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 380-389, February.
- Subbaraj, P. & Rengaraj, R. & Salivahanan, S., 2009. "Enhancement of combined heat and power economic dispatch using self adaptive real-coded genetic algorithm," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(6), pages 915-921, June.
- Ruan, Yingjun & Liu, Qingrong & Zhou, Weiguo & Firestone, Ryan & Gao, Weijun & Watanabe, Toshiyuki, 2009. "Optimal option of distributed generation technologies for various commercial buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1641-1653, September.
- Niknam, Taher & Firouzi, Bahman Bahmani & Ostadi, Amir, 2010. "A new fuzzy adaptive particle swarm optimization for daily Volt/Var control in distribution networks considering distributed generators," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(6), pages 1919-1928, June.
- Ren, Hongbo & Gao, Weijun, 2010. "A MILP model for integrated plan and evaluation of distributed energy systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 1001-1014, March.
- Mancarella, Pierluigi & Chicco, Gianfranco, 2009. "Global and local emission impact assessment of distributed cogeneration systems with partial-load models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2096-2106, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:88:y:2011:i:3:p:778-788. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.