Solar radiation model
Solar radiation models for predicting the average daily and hourly global radiation, beam radiation and diffuse radiation are reviewed in this paper. Seven models using the Ångström-Prescott equation to predict the average daily global radiation with hours of sunshine are considered. The average daily global radiation for Hong Kong (22.3Â°N latitude, 114.3Â°E longitude) is predicted. Estimations of monthly average hourly global radiation are discussed. Two parametric models are reviewed and used to predict the hourly irradiance of Hong Kong. Comparisons among model predictions with measured data are made.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 69 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1983. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 5(3), pages 341-344, April.
- Bahel, V. & Srinivasan, R. & Bakhsh, H., 1986. "Solar radiation for Dhahran, Saudi Arabia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 11(10), pages 985-989.
- Batlles, F.J. & Rubio, M.A. & Tovar, J. & Olmo, F.J. & Alados-Arboledas, L., 2000. "Empirical modeling of hourly direct irradiance by means of hourly global irradiance," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 675-688.
- Alnaser, W.E., 1989. "Empirical correlation for total and diffuse radiation in Bahrain," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 409-414.
- A. Meltzer & Peter Ordeshook & Thomas Romer, 1983. "Introduction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 1-5, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:69:y:2001:i:3:p:191-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.