Solar radiation model
Solar radiation models for predicting the average daily and hourly global radiation, beam radiation and diffuse radiation are reviewed in this paper. Seven models using the Ångström-Prescott equation to predict the average daily global radiation with hours of sunshine are considered. The average daily global radiation for Hong Kong (22.3Â°N latitude, 114.3Â°E longitude) is predicted. Estimations of monthly average hourly global radiation are discussed. Two parametric models are reviewed and used to predict the hourly irradiance of Hong Kong. Comparisons among model predictions with measured data are made.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 69 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bahel, V. & Srinivasan, R. & Bakhsh, H., 1986. "Solar radiation for Dhahran, Saudi Arabia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 11(10), pages 985-989.
- Alnaser, W.E., 1989. "Empirical correlation for total and diffuse radiation in Bahrain," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 409-414.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1983. "Introduction," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 5(3), pages 341-344, April.
- A. Meltzer & Peter Ordeshook & Thomas Romer, 1983. "Introduction," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 1-5, January.
- Batlles, F.J. & Rubio, M.A. & Tovar, J. & Olmo, F.J. & Alados-Arboledas, L., 2000. "Empirical modeling of hourly direct irradiance by means of hourly global irradiance," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 675-688.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:69:y:2001:i:3:p:191-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.