Identifying critical materials for photovoltaics in the US: A multi-metric approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Albert L. Nichols & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1977. "Stockpiling Strategies and Cartel Prices," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(1), pages 66-96, Spring.
- Goe, Michele & Gaustad, Gabrielle, 2014. "Strengthening the case for recycling photovoltaics: An energy payback analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 41-48.
- Marwede, Max & Berger, Wolfgang & Schlummer, Martin & Mäurer, Andreas & Reller, Armin, 2013. "Recycling paths for thin-film chalcogenide photovoltaic waste – Current feasible processes," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 220-229.
- Fthenakis, Vasilis, 2009. "Sustainability of photovoltaics: The case for thin-film solar cells," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2746-2750, December.
- Zhang, Wei & Zhu, Rui & Liu, Bin & Ramakrishna, Seeram, 2012. "High-performance hybrid solar cells employing metal-free organic dye modified TiO2 as photoelectrode," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 305-308.
- Zardetto, V. & Mincuzzi, G. & De Rossi, F. & Di Giacomo, F. & Reale, A. & Di Carlo, A. & Brown, T.M., 2014. "Outdoor and diurnal performance of large conformal flexible metal/plastic dye solar cells," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1155-1161.
- Fthenakis, Vasilis & Kim, Hyung Chul, 2009. "Land use and electricity generation: A life-cycle analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1465-1474, August.
- Laura Langbein & Stephen Knack, 2010. "The Worldwide Governance Indicators: Six, One, or None?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 350-370.
- Mercaldo, Lucia Vittoria & Addonizio, Maria Luisa & Noce, Marco Della & Veneri, Paola Delli & Scognamiglio, Alessandra & Privato, Carlo, 2009. "Thin film silicon photovoltaics: Architectural perspectives and technological issues," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 1836-1844, October.
- Desideri, Umberto & Campana, Pietro Elia, 2014. "Analysis and comparison between a concentrating solar and a photovoltaic power plant," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 422-433.
- Feltrin, Andrea & Freundlich, Alex, 2008. "Material considerations for terawatt level deployment of photovoltaics," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 180-185.
- Candelise, Chiara & Speirs, Jamie F. & Gross, Robert J.K., 2011. "Materials availability for thin film (TF) PV technologies development: A real concern?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4972-4981.
- Rosenau-Tornow, Dirk & Buchholz, Peter & Riemann, Axel & Wagner, Markus, 2009. "Assessing the long-term supply risks for mineral raw materials--a combined evaluation of past and future trends," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 161-175, December.
- Vats, Kanchan & Tiwari, G.N., 2012. "Energy and exergy analysis of a building integrated semitransparent photovoltaic thermal (BISPVT) system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 409-416.
- Fthenakis, Vasilis M., 2000. "End-of-life management and recycling of PV modules," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(14), pages 1051-1058, November.
- Sims, Ralph E. H. & Rogner, Hans-Holger & Gregory, Ken, 2003. "Carbon emission and mitigation cost comparisons between fossil fuel, nuclear and renewable energy resources for electricity generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(13), pages 1315-1326, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Peng & Chen, Li-Yang & Ge, Jian-Ping & Cai, Wenjia & Chen, Wei-Qiang, 2019. "Incorporating critical material cycles into metal-energy nexus of China’s 2050 renewable transition," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Elshkaki, Ayman & Graedel, T.E., 2015. "Solar cell metals and their hosts: A tale of oversupply and undersupply," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 167-177.
- Domínguez, Adriana & Geyer, Roland, 2019. "Photovoltaic waste assessment of major photovoltaic installations in the United States of America," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 1188-1200.
- Tokimatsu, Koji & Wachtmeister, Henrik & McLellan, Benjamin & Davidsson, Simon & Murakami, Shinsuke & Höök, Mikael & Yasuoka, Rieko & Nishio, Masahiro, 2017. "Energy modeling approach to the global energy-mineral nexus: A first look at metal requirements and the 2°C target," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 207(C), pages 494-509.
- Jinghan Chen & Wen Zhou & Hongtao Yang, 2019. "Is Embodied Energy a Better Starting Point for Solving Energy Security Issues?—Based on an Overview of Embodied Energy-Related Research," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-22, August.
- Elshkaki, Ayman & Graedel, T.E., 2014. "Dysprosium, the balance problem, and wind power technology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 548-559.
- Sawhney, Rapinder & Thakur, Kaveri & Venkatesan, Bharadwaj & Ji, Shuguang & Upreti, Girish & Sanseverino, John, 2014. "Empirical analysis of the solar incentive policy for Tennessee solar value chain," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 368-376.
- A. Mateus & C. Lopes & L. Martins & J. Carvalho, 2017. "Towards a multi-dimensional methodology supporting a safeguarding decision on the future access to mineral resources," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 30(3), pages 229-255, October.
- Clément Bonnet & Samuel Carcanague & Emmanuel Hache & Gondia Sokhna Seck & Marine Simoën, 2018. "The nexus between climate negotiations and low-carbon innovation: a geopolitics of renewable energy patents," EconomiX Working Papers 2018-45, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Helbig, Christoph & Wietschel, Lars & Thorenz, Andrea & Tuma, Axel, 2016. "How to evaluate raw material vulnerability - An overview," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 13-24.
- Kim, Juhan & Lee, Jungbae & Kim, BumChoong & Kim, Jinsoo, 2019. "Raw material criticality assessment with weighted indicators: An application of fuzzy analytic hierarchy process," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 225-233.
- Chen, Ze & Zhang, Xiao-dan & Fang, Jia & Liang, Jun-hui & Liang, Xue-jiao & Sun, Jian & Zhang, De-kun & Wang, Ning & Zhao, Hui-xu & Chen, Xin-liang & Huang, Qian & Wei, Chang-chun & Zhao, Ying, 2014. "Enhancement in electrical performance of thin-film silicon solar cells based on a micro- and nano-textured zinc oxide electrodes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 158-164.
- Helbig, Christoph & Bradshaw, Alex M. & Kolotzek, Christoph & Thorenz, Andrea & Tuma, Axel, 2016. "Supply risks associated with CdTe and CIGS thin-film photovoltaics," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 422-433.
- Shule Li & Jingjing Yan & Qiuming Pei & Jinghua Sha & Siyu Mou & Yong Xiao, 2019. "Risk Identification and Evaluation of the Long-term Supply of Manganese Mines in China Based on the VW-BGR Method," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-23, May.
- Juan Sebastián Lara Rodríguez & André Tosi Furtado & Aleix Altimiras-Martin, 2018. "Materias primas críticas y complejidad económica en América Latina," Revista Apuntes del Cenes, Universidad Pedagógica y Tecnológica de Colombia, vol. 37(65), pages 15-51, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy security; Supply risk; Thin-film photovoltaics; Indium; Gallium; Tellurium;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:123:y:2014:i:c:p:387-396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.