Economic viability of energy storage systems based on price arbitrage potential in real-time U.S. electricity markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Chi-Jen & Jackson, Robert B., 2011. "Opportunities and barriers to pumped-hydro energy storage in the United States," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 839-844, January.
- Hessami, Mir-Akbar & Bowly, David R., 2011. "Economic feasibility and optimisation of an energy storage system for Portland Wind Farm (Victoria, Australia)," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(8), pages 2755-2763, August.
- Drury, Easan & Denholm, Paul & Sioshansi, Ramteen, 2011. "The value of compressed air energy storage in energy and reserve markets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 4959-4973.
- Kazempour, S. Jalal & Moghaddam, M. Parsa & Haghifam, M.R. & Yousefi, G.R., 2009. "Electric energy storage systems in a market-based economy: Comparison of emerging and traditional technologies," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2630-2639.
- van der Linden, Septimus, 2006. "Bulk energy storage potential in the USA, current developments and future prospects," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 3446-3457.
- Ibrahim, H. & Ilinca, A. & Perron, J., 2008. "Energy storage systems--Characteristics and comparisons," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1221-1250, June.
- Walawalkar, Rahul & Apt, Jay & Mancini, Rick, 2007. "Economics of electric energy storage for energy arbitrage and regulation in New York," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2558-2568, April.
- Sioshansi, Ramteen & Denholm, Paul & Jenkin, Thomas & Weiss, Jurgen, 2009. "Estimating the value of electricity storage in PJM: Arbitrage and some welfare effects," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 269-277, March.
- McKenna, Eoghan & McManus, Marcelle & Cooper, Sam & Thomson, Murray, 2013. "Economic and environmental impact of lead-acid batteries in grid-connected domestic PV systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 239-249.
- Sioshansi, Ramteen & Denholm, Paul & Jenkin, Thomas, 2011. "A comparative analysis of the value of pure and hybrid electricity storage," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 56-66, January.
- Wade, N.S. & Taylor, P.C. & Lang, P.D. & Jones, P.R., 2010. "Evaluating the benefits of an electrical energy storage system in a future smart grid," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7180-7188, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy storage; Power markets; Arbitrage;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:114:y:2014:i:c:p:512-519. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.