The effects of a modest incentive on information overload in an investment analysis task
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Snowball, Doug, 1980. "Some effects of accounting expertise and information load: An empirical study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 323-338, July.
- Ashton, Rh, 1981. "A Descriptive Study Of Information Evaluation," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 42-61.
- Schick, Allen G. & Gordon, Lawrence A. & Haka, Susan, 1990. "Information overload: A temporal approach," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 199-220.
- Bonner, Sarah E., 1994. "A model of the effects of audit task complexity," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 213-234, April.
- Baiman, Stanley, 1990. "Agency research in managerial accounting: A second look," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 341-371.
- Stocks, Morris H. & Harrell, Adrian, 1995. "The impact of an increase in accounting information level on the judgment quality of individuals and groups," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(7-8), pages 685-700.
- Stone, Dan N. & Ziebart, David A., 1995. "A Model of Financial Incentive Effects in Decision Making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 250-261, March.
- Iselin, Errol R., 1988. "The effects of information load and information diversity on decision quality in a structured decision task," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 147-164, March.
- Norman L. Chervany & Gary W. Dickson, 1974. "An Experimental Evaluation of Information Overload in a Production Environment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(10), pages 1335-1344, June.
- Shanteau, James, 1989. "Cognitive heuristics and biases in behavioral auditing: Review, comments and observations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 165-177, January.
- Kennedy, J, 1993. "Debiasing Audit Judgment With Accountability - A Framework And Experimental Results," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(2), pages 231-245.
- Chewning, Eugene Jr & Harrell, Adrian M., 1990. "The effect of information load on decision makers' cue utilization levels and decision quality in a financial distress decision task," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 527-542.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Micheli Aparecida Lunardi, 2019. "Relationship between leadership style, encouragement of budgetary participation and budgetary participation," Estudios Gerenciales, Universidad Icesi, vol. 35(150), pages 27-37, March.
- Bonner, Sarah E. & Sprinkle, Geoffrey B., 2002. "The effects of monetary incentives on effort and task performance: theories, evidence, and a framework for research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(4-5), pages 303-345.
- Thornock, Todd A., 2016. "How the timing of performance feedback impacts individual performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 1-11.
- Gregor Dorfleitner & Lars Hornuf & Martina Weber, 2018. "Paralyzed by Shock: The Portfolio Formation Behavior of Peer-to-Business Lending Investors," CESifo Working Paper Series 7092, CESifo.
- Wheeler, Patrick & Arunachalam, Vairam, 2009. "The effects of multimedia on cognitive aspects of decision-making," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 97-116.
- Mandy M. Cheng & Peter F. Luckett & Habib Mahama, 2007. "Effect of perceived conflict among multiple performance goals and goal difficulty on task performance," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 47(2), pages 221-242, June.
- Justin Benefield & Christopher Cain & Ken Johnson, 2011. "On the Relationship Between Property Price, Time-on-Market, and Photo Depictions in a Multiple Listing Service," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 401-422, October.
- Jackson, Scott B. & Rodgers, Theodore C. & Tuttle, Brad, 2010. "The effect of depreciation method choice on asset selling prices," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 757-774, November.
- Merchant, Kenneth A. & Van der Stede, Wim A. & Zheng, Liu, 2003. "Disciplinary constraints on the advancement of knowledge: the case of organizational incentive systems," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 251-286.
- Pantic, B., 2016. "Comparability of financial reports: A literature review of most recent studies," Working Papers 6451, Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg State University.
- Sprinkle, Geoffrey B., 2003. "Perspectives on experimental research in managerial accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 287-318.
- Peter Gordon Roetzel, 2019. "Information overload in the information age: a review of the literature from business administration, business psychology, and related disciplines with a bibliometric approach and framework developmen," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 12(2), pages 479-522, December.
- Pennington, Robin R. & Kelton, Andrea Seaton, 2016. "How much is enough? An investigation of nonprofessional investors information search and stopping rule use," International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 47-62.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:24:y:1999:i:8:p:673-687. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.