Goodwill under IFRS: Relevance and disclosures in an unfavorable environment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Omaima A.G. Hassan & Gianluigi Giorgioni & Peter Romilly, 2006. "The extent of financial disclosure and its determinants in an emerging capital market: the case of Egypt," International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 41-67.
- Keryn Chalmers & Greg Clinch & Jayne M. Godfrey, 2008. "Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards: Impact on the Value Relevance of Intangible Assets," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 18(3), pages 237-247, September.
- Ramanna, Karthik, 2008. "The implications of unverifiable fair-value accounting: Evidence from the political economy of goodwill accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 253-281, August.
- Apostolos A. Ballas & Despina Skoutela & Christos A. Tzovas, 2010. "The relevance of IFRS to an emerging market: evidence from Greece," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(11), pages 931-948, September.
- Apostolos Ballas, 1994. "Accounting in Greece," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 107-121.
- repec:bla:joares:v:36:y:1998:i::p:161-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hakim Ben Othman & Daniel Zeghal, 2010. "Investigating transparency and disclosure determinants at firm-level in MENA emerging markets," International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(4), pages 368-396.
- Mary E. Barth & Greg Clinch, 2009. "Scale Effects in Capital Markets-Based Accounting Research," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3-4), pages 253-288.
- Adam Ritter & Peter Wells, 2006. "Identifiable intangible asset disclosures, stock prices and future earnings," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 46(5), pages 843-863.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena, 2008. "Mark-to-market accounting and liquidity pricing," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 358-378, August.
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 2001. "The relevance of the value relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting: another view," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 77-104, September.
- Christopher Nobes, 2011. "IFRS Practices and the Persistence of Accounting System Classification," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 47(3), pages 267-283, September.
- Ding, Yuan & Hope, Ole-Kristian & Jeanjean, Thomas & Stolowy, Herve, 2007.
"Differences between domestic accounting standards and IAS: Measurement, determinants and implications,"
Journal of Accounting and Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-38.
- Ding, Yuan & Hervé, Stolowy & Hope, Ole-Kristian & Jeanjean, Thomas, 2005. "Differences between domestic accounting standards and IAS: measurement, determinants and implications," HEC Research Papers Series 826, HEC Paris.
- Yuan Ding & Ole-Kristian Hope & Thomas Jeanjean & Hervé Stolowy, 2005. "Differences between Domestic Accounting Standards and IAS: Measurement, Determinants and Implications," Working Papers hal-00584707, HAL.
- Thomas Jeanjean & Hervé Stolowy & Y. Ding & O. K. Hope, 2007. "Differences between Domestic Accounting Standards and IAS: Measurement, Determinants and Implications," Post-Print halshs-00126772, HAL.
- Collins, Daniel W. & Maydew, Edward L. & Weiss, Ira S., 1997. "Changes in the value-relevance of earnings and book values over the past forty years," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-67, December.
- repec:taf:acctbr:v:34:y:2004:i:3:p:183-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- Apostolos A. Ballas & Christos Tzovas, 2010. "An empirical investigation of Greek firms' compliance to IFRS disclosure requirements," International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(1), pages 40-62.
- Szilveszter Fekete & Dumitru Matis & JÃ¡nos LukÃ¡cs, 2008. "Factors Influencing The Extent Of Corporate Compliance With Ifrs. The Case Of Hungarian Listed Companies," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(10), pages 1-2.
- Julie Cooper, 2007. "Debating Accounting Principles and Policies: the Case of Goodwill, 1880-1921," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 241-264.
- Karampinis, Nikolaos I. & Hevas, Dimosthenis L., 2011. "Mandating IFRS in an Unfavorable Environment: The Greek Experience," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 304-332, September.
- repec:eee:jiaata:v:19:y:2010:i:1:p:55-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher Nobes, 2008. "Accounting Classification in the IFRS Era," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 18(3), pages 191-198, September.
- Chauvin, Keith W. & Hirschey, Mark, 1994. "Goodwill, profitability, and the market value of the firm," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 159-180.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:37:y:2013:i:1:p:67-80 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ioannis Tsalavoutas & Lisa Evans & Mike Smith, 2010. "Comparison of two methods for measuring compliance with IFRS mandatory disclosure requirements," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 213-228, November.
- Khaled Al Jifri & David Citron, 2009. "The Value-Relevance of Financial Statement Recognition versus Note Disclosure: Evidence from Goodwill Accounting," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 123-140.
- Apostolos Ballas & Dimosthenis Hevas & David Neal, 1998. "The State of Accounting and the State of the State," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 2(3), pages 267-285, September.
- Dicle, Mehmet F. & Levendis, John, 2011. "Greek market efficiency and its international integration," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 229-246, April.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:35:y:2011:i:4:p:262-274 is not listed on IDEAS
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G., 2001. "Information asymmetry, corporate disclosure, and the capital markets: A review of the empirical disclosure literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 405-440, September.
- Martin Bugeja & Natalie Gallery, 2006. "Is older goodwill value relevant?," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 46(4), pages 519-535.
- Graeme Wines & Ron Dagwell & Carolyn Windsor, 2007. "Implications of the IFRS goodwill accounting treatment," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(9), pages 862-880, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Musa Yelwa Abubakar & Nasiru Abdulsallam & Muhammad Yusuf Alkali, 2017. "The Impact of the New Accounting Reporting Among Listed Firms in Nigerian Stock Market," Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Management Studies, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 4(1), pages 1-9.
- repec:eee:jiaata:v:29:y:2017:i:c:p:118-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Giuseppe Castellano & Katia Corsi & Roberto Del Gobbo, 2015. "Goodwill Disclosure in Europe. Profiles of disclosing companies," Eastern European Business and Economics Journal, Eastern European Business and Economics Studies Centre, vol. 1(2), pages 32-65.
- repec:eeb:15v1n2:v:1:y:2015:i:2:p:32-65 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGoodwill; Value relevance; Fair value accounting; Mandatory disclosures; IFRS; Greece;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:accfor:v:38:y:2014:i:1:p:1-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/accounting-forum .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.