Is older goodwill value relevant?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Watts, Ross L., 2001. "The relevance of the value-relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 3-75, September.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Alan Gregory, 1997. "An Examination of the Long Run Performance of UK Acquiring Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(7&8), pages 971-1002.
- Chauvin, Keith W. & Hirschey, Mark, 1994. "Goodwill, profitability, and the market value of the firm," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 159-180.
- Divesh S. Sharma & Jonathan Ho, 2002. "The Impact of Acquisitions on Operating Performance: Some Australian Evidence," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1&2), pages 155-200.
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 2001. "The relevance of the value relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting: another view," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 77-104, September.
- Divesh S. Sharma & Jonathan Ho, 2002. "The Impact of Acquisitions on Operating Performance: Some Australian Evidence," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1‐2), pages 155-200.
- Agrawal, Anup & Jaffe, Jeffrey F & Mandelker, Gershon N, 1992. " The Post-merger Performance of Acquiring Firms: A Re-examination of an Anomaly," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1605-1621, September.
- Stephen Brown & Mark Finn & Ole-Kristian Hope, 2000. "Acquisition-Related Provision-Taking and Post-Acquisition Performance in the UK Prior to "FRS 7"," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(9&10), pages 1233-1265.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jayne M. Godfrey & Ping‐Sheng Koh, 2009. "Goodwill impairment as a reflection of investment opportunities," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 49(1), pages 117-140, March.
- Araceli Amorós Martínez & José Antonio Cavero Rubio, 2018. "The Economic Effects of IFRS Goodwill Reporting," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 28(3), pages 309-322, September.
- Michael Bradbury, 2009. "Discussion of Dedman, Mouselli, Shen and Stark," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 45(3), pages 342-357, September.
- Baboukardos, Diogenis & Rimmel, Gunnar, 2014. "Goodwill under IFRS: Relevance and disclosures in an unfavorable environment," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-17.
- Karen Benson & Peter M Clarkson & Tom Smith & Irene Tutticci, 2015. "A review of accounting research in the Asia Pacific region," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 40(1), pages 36-88, February.
- Christian Petersen & Thomas Plenborg, 2010. "How Do Firms Implement Impairment Tests of Goodwill?," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 46(4), pages 419-446, December.
- Nicola Giuseppe Castellano & Katia Corsi & Roberto Del Gobbo, 2015. "Goodwill Disclosure in Europe. Profiles of disclosing companies," Eastern European Business and Economics Journal, Eastern European Business and Economics Studies Centre, vol. 1(2), pages 32-65.
- Walid Saleh, 2014. "Explaining the Cross-Sectional Patterns of UK Expected Stock Returns: The Effect of Intangibles," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(2), pages 160-170, April.
- Ewa Wanda Maruszewska & Marzena Strojek-Filus & Jiří Pospíšil, 2019. "An Empirical Examination of Accounting Comparability: Goodwill Recognition and Disclosure in Selected Central European Countries," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 67(5), pages 1309-1323.
- repec:eeb:15v1n2:v:1:y:2015:i:2:p:32-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xu, Wei & Anandarajan, Asokan & Curatola, Anthony, 2011. "The value relevance of goodwill impairment," Research in Accounting Regulation, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 145-148.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:acctfi:v:46:y:2006:i:4:p:519-535. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaanzea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.