The Japanese Crisis--A Case of Strategic Failure?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Hudson, 1996. "Trends in Multi-authored Papers in Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 153-158, Summer.
- Bommer, Rolf & Ursprung, Heinrich W., 1997. "Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand ...: Eine publikationsanalytische Erfassung der Forschungsleistungen volkswirtschaftlicher Fachbereiche in Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz," Discussion Papers, Series II 352, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Burton, M P & Phimister, Euan, 1995. "Core Journals: A Reappraisal of the Diamond List," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 361-373, March.
- Scott, Loren C & Mitias, Peter M, 1996. "Trends in Rankings of Economics Departments in the U.S.: An Update," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(2), pages 378-400, April.
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "The Relative Impacts of Economics Journals: 1970-1990," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 640-666, June.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Paul J. Pieper & Rachel A. Willis, 1999. "The Doctoral Origins of Economics Faculty and the Education of New Economics Doctorates," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 80-88, January.
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
- Elliott, Caroline & Greenaway, David & Sapsford, David, 1998. "Who's publishing who? The national composition of contributors to some core US and European journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 201-206, January.
- Kirman, Alan & Dahl, Mogens, 1994. "Economic research in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 505-522, April.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M & Rothman, Harry, 1999. "The Editors and Authors of Economics Journals: A Case of Institutional Oligopoly?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages 165-186, February.
- Stigler, George J & Stigler, Stephen M & Friedland, Claire, 1995. "The Journals of Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 331-359, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cowling, Keith & Tomlinson, Philip R., 2002. "Re-Visiting The Roots Of Japan'S Structural Decline:The Role Of The Japanese Corporation," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 624, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Philip Tomlinson, 2002. "The Real Effects of Transnational Activity upon Investment and Labour Demand within Japan's Machinery Industries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 107-129.
- Kiyota, Kozo & Urata, Shujiro, 2008.
"The role of multinational firms in international trade: The case of Japan,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 338-352, August.
- Kozo Kiyota & Shujiro Urata, 2005. "The Role of Multinational Firms in International Trade: The Case of Japan," Discussion papers 05012, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kozo Kiyota & Shujiro Urata, 2007. "The Role of Multinational Firms in International Trade: The Case of Japan," Working Papers 560, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Nakatani, Takeshi & Skott, Peter, 2007.
"Japanese growth and stagnation: A Keynesian perspective,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 306-332, September.
- Peter Skott & Takeshi Nakatani, 2006. "Japanese growth and stagnation: a Keynesian perspective," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2006-04, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Kozo Kiyota & Toshiyuki Matsuura, 2006. "Why Is Multinational Status Important? Evidence from Job Creation and Job Destruction in Japan," Working Papers 555, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- INUI Tomohiko & KODAMA Naomi, 2016. "The Effects of Japanese Customer Firms' Overseas Outsourcing on Supplier Firms' Performance," Discussion papers 16106, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kozo Kiyota & Toshiyuki Matsuura, 2006. "Employment of MNEs in Japan: New Evidence," Discussion papers 06014, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kneller, Richard & McGowan, Danny & Inui, Tomohiko & Matsuura, Toshiyuki, 2012.
"Globalisation, multinationals and productivity in Japan’s lost decade,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 110-128.
- Tomohiko Inui & Richard Kneller & Toshiyuki Matsuura & Danny McGowan, "undated". "Globalisation, Multinationals and Productivity in Japan’s Lost Decade," Discussion Papers 10/04, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:182-189 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Crafts & Anthony Venables, 2003.
"Globalization in History.A Geographical Perspective,"
NBER Chapters,in: Globalization in Historical Perspective, pages 323-370
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Venables, Anthony J, 2001. "Globalization in History: A Geographical Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 3079, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicholas Crafts & Anthony J. Venables, 2002. "Globalization in History: A Geographical Perspective," CEP Discussion Papers dp0524, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Venables, Tony, 2002. "Globalization in history: a geographical perspective," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2135, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dr Guy West & Assoc Prof Richard Brown, 2003. "Structural Change, Intersectoral Linkages And Hollowing-Out in the Taiwanese Economy, 1976-1994," Discussion Papers Series 327, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- ., 2012. "The Dynamics of Changing Trade Structures: Export Sophisticated Index," Chapters,in: Trade and Industrial Development in East Asia, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Iulia Monica OEHLER- ȘINCAI, 2015. "Is Romania Attractive For Japanese Investors? A Comparative Analysis At The Eu Level," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 10(4), pages 226-245, december.
- Keith Cowling & Philip Tomlinson, 2002. "Revisiting the Roots of Japan's Economic Stagnation: The role of the Japanese corporation," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 373-390.
- Cowling, Keith & Tomlinson, Philip R., 2002. "The Problem Of Regional "Hollowing Out" In Japan : Lessons For Regional Industrial Policy," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 625, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecj:econjl:v:110:y:2000:i:464:p:f358-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/resssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.