A note on predicting recessions in the euro area using real M1
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sauer, Christine & Scheide, Joachim, 1995.
"Money, interest rate spreads, and economic activity,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
1664, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Christine Sauer & Joachim Scheide, 1995. "Money, Interest Rate Spreads, and Economic Activity," CESifo Working Paper Series 83, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marcelle Chauvet & Simon Potter, 2005. "Forecasting recessions using the yield curve," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 77-103.
- Brand, Claus & Reimers, Hans-Eggert & Seitz, Franz, 2003. "Forecasting real GDP: what role for narrow money?," Working Paper Series 254, European Central Bank.
- Duarte, Agustin & Venetis, Ioannis A. & Paya, Ivan, 2005.
"Predicting real growth and the probability of recession in the Euro area using the yield spread,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, pages 261-277.
- Ivan Paya & Agustín Duarte & Ioannis A. Venetis, 2004. "Predicting Real Growth And The Probability Of Recession In The Euro Area Using The Yield Spread," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-31, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Herb Taylor, 1986. "Deposit Market Deregulation and the Recent Behavior of M1," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 307-312, Jul-Sep.
- Drechsel, Katja & Scheufele, Rolf, 2012. "The performance of short-term forecasts of the German economy before and during the 2008/2009 recession," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 428-445.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jens Boysen‐Hogrefe, 2015.
"Monetary Aggregates to Improve Early Output Gap Estimates in the Euro Area: An Empirical Assessment,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(7), pages 533-542, November.
- Boysen-Hogrefe, Jens, 2014. "Monetary aggregates to improve early output gap estimates in the euro area: An empirical assessment," Kiel Working Papers 1908, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsPredicting recessions; Probit; narrow money; real M1; euro area;
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00730. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.